• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

show me your upper intakes

  • Thread starter Thread starter snkchmr
  • Start date Start date Apr 25, 2004

snkchmr

Active Member
Apr 18, 1999
2,671
3
49
Gretna Va
Apr 25, 2004
#1
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #1
My dad wants to change the one on his 02 GT & he wanted to see the ones that are out
Thanks
 

nickthegenius

Active Member
Dec 23, 2002
1,631
1
38
Elwood, IN
Apr 25, 2004
#2
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #2
Not the greatest pic, but this is the C&L. I'd go snap a new one for you, but my batteries are dead.

 

twogts4us

15 Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
4,188
12
79
Dunedin, FL
Apr 25, 2004
#3
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #3
Here is my Accufab 70mm TB, Accufab plenum, C&L Trueflow pipe and C&L 85mm MAF.
Also, you may want to check out Matt's testing of 4 popular plenums on www.ModularDepot.com --->Plenum Showdown Part II

 
B

bottlebobh

New Member
Apr 25, 2004
3
0
0
El Paso Texas
Apr 25, 2004
#4
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #4
Check out www.hiperformancesolutions.com. New intake in the works!
 

twogts4us

15 Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
4,188
12
79
Dunedin, FL
Apr 25, 2004
#5
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #5
Modular Depot Plenum Testing Parts 1 and 2

Here, Please allow myself to correct myself!...here are the links you want:
Part 1 - 70mm TB and plenums

Part 2 - 75mm TB and plenums
 
G

GinoGT

Founding Member
Aug 11, 2002
1,862
0
36
Apr 25, 2004
#6
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #6
bottlebobh said:
Check out www.hiperformancesolutions.com. New intake in the works!
Click to expand...

 

twogts4us

15 Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
4,188
12
79
Dunedin, FL
Apr 25, 2004
#7
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #7
bottlebobh said:
Check out www.hiperformancesolutions.com. New intake in the works!
Click to expand...

Yeah, GinoGT, I was shocked to hear that too, but I am sceptical. Did you ck out their website? Although their name states it, they don't seem to be in the 'high performance solutions' business. What kind of R&D have they performed to create this 'new' manifold? It appears to me to just be, more or less, a aluminum copy of the OEM plastic manifold.
 
G

GinoGT

Founding Member
Aug 11, 2002
1,862
0
36
Apr 25, 2004
#8
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #8
twogts4us said:
Yeah, GinoGT, I was shocked to hear that too, but I am sceptical. Did you ck out their website? Although their name states it, they don't seem to be in the 'high performance solutions' business. What kind of R&D have they performed to create this 'new' manifold? It appears to me to just be, more or less, a aluminum copy of the OEM plastic manifold.
Click to expand...

Probably the same or similar design, but it's probably ported or something vs. the stock intake. Big for blown or nitrous guys so they don't have to worry about the intake manifold exploding.
 

DarkHorse02GT

Member
Feb 12, 2004
156
0
16
Tuscaloosa/Mobile, AL
Apr 25, 2004
#9
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #9
GinoGT said:
Big for blown or nitrous guys so they don't have to worry about the intake manifold exploding.
Click to expand...

Yah prolly just a cheap solution for that... looks exactly like the stock intake.
 
G

GinoGT

Founding Member
Aug 11, 2002
1,862
0
36
Apr 25, 2004
#10
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #10
DarkHorse02GT said:
Yah prolly just a cheap solution for that... looks exactly like the stock intake.
Click to expand...

But there should be some power gain over stock. Even if there isn't, you could get it extrude honed, and probably still come out cheaper than the cost of a Bullitt intake swap, or Fox Lake intake.
 

neoclasiccl

Founding Member
Jun 1, 2002
3,043
0
57
Help I can't see !!!!!!
Apr 25, 2004
#11
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #11
Mine looks different for some reason LOL J/K

 

KaPPaBaLL

New Member
Nov 28, 2003
1,326
0
0
BAYAREA
Apr 25, 2004
#12
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #12
neoclasiccl said:
Mine looks different for some reason LOL J/K

Click to expand...

lol
 
G

GinoGT

Founding Member
Aug 11, 2002
1,862
0
36
Apr 25, 2004
#13
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #13
Dammit neo! Get out of here, we hate you.

(I'm coming down to Florida this week and stealing your engine.......ah, tranny too while I'm at it )
 

Beau

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2000
3,050
0
0
San Diego
Apr 25, 2004
#14
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #14
neoclasiccl said:
Mine looks different for some reason LOL J/K

Click to expand...
hmmmm..you got a big black device on top of your intake..u sure that isn't blocking anything? I think you should send it to me so I can check it out for ya..
 

KaPPaBaLL

New Member
Nov 28, 2003
1,326
0
0
BAYAREA
Apr 26, 2004
#15
  • Apr 26, 2004
  • #15
1990StangLX said:
hmmmm..you got a big black device on top of your intake..u sure that isn't blocking anything? I think you should send it to me so I can check it out for ya..
Click to expand...

hey beau, i have a favor to ask. You have the FIPK correct? can you tell me if you fell a difference with and without it on your car? I basically have the same bolt ons as you and i'm wondering if the FIPK is worth it. If you can please. thanks

-john
 

neoclasiccl

Founding Member
Jun 1, 2002
3,043
0
57
Help I can't see !!!!!!
Apr 26, 2004
#16
  • Apr 26, 2004
  • #16
GinoGT said:
Dammit neo! Get out of here, we hate you.

(I'm coming down to Florida this week and stealing your engine.......ah, tranny too while I'm at it )
Click to expand...

Sorry guys I couldn't resist. I need to cheer myself up while I limp around until thursday I NEED MY NEW MAF AND TUNE
 

neoclasiccl

Founding Member
Jun 1, 2002
3,043
0
57
Help I can't see !!!!!!
Apr 26, 2004
#17
  • Apr 26, 2004
  • #17
1990StangLX said:
hmmmm..you got a big black device on top of your intake..u sure that isn't blocking anything? I think you should send it to me so I can check it out for ya..
Click to expand...


lol
 

Beau

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2000
3,050
0
0
San Diego
Apr 26, 2004
#18
  • Apr 26, 2004
  • #18
KaPPaBaLL said:
hey beau, i have a favor to ask. You have the FIPK correct? can you tell me if you fell a difference with and without it on your car? I basically have the same bolt ons as you and i'm wondering if the FIPK is worth it. If you can please. thanks

-john
Click to expand...
done
 

KaPPaBaLL

New Member
Nov 28, 2003
1,326
0
0
BAYAREA
Apr 26, 2004
#19
  • Apr 26, 2004
  • #19
1990StangLX said:
done
Click to expand...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Trick Flow Series R to Box R Upper Intake Road Block
  • Habu135
  • Mar 31, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2 3 4
Replies
78
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 6, 2026
Habu135
E
Chasing Vacuum leak 99 GT
  • EBNS_2005
  • May 2, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
219
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 3, 2026
X-cam34
X
S
User Profile
  • SammSwine
  • Jan 18, 2026
  • Feedback Area | Testing Zone
Replies
1
Views
266
Feedback Area | Testing Zone Jan 18, 2026
Noobz347
S
ECU help!
  • starkiller1134
  • Aug 16, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
411
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 17, 2025
starkiller1134
S
Engine Catch Can or not?
  • R82148V
  • Mar 4, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
9
Views
421
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Mar 6, 2026
ctandc
C
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?