Shuddering

RaggedGT

check back later..
Mod Dude
Jul 20, 2014
Taylorsville ky
www.stangnet.com
A few of you guys know, over the last year or so I have been trying to put my 1994 GT back to driver status.
The main reason the car was parked for so long was a leaking Aode transmission with reverse issues got replaced with a used aode with only one forward gear.
The car is mostly stock-
•stock fuel pump
•stock injectors
•stock intake
•stock throttle body
•E303 cam-which it has had for several years
•typical headers-X pipe and two chambers

The car runs pig rich at times, randomly dies, surging idle at times, and slow to rev when warm.

I replaced and reran a lot of the vacuum lines,I haven’t found a leak anywhere. I have done the base idle reset, as well as replace the iac and throttle position sensor over the last year. Along with the temp sensor and a healthy cleaning of the maf.

I have been through @jrichker ’s checklist several times with not much change.

Where do I go from here guys? What would you suggest?

The other part to my extremely long line of questioning- the Aode transmission is a fresh rebuild ,less than 10 miles on it. New converter, fresh fluid at the correct level. Only things different are a Transgo shift kit and an aftermarket transmission cooler.
When driving the car,as long as I am leaning on it pretty good-the car pulls strong and up shifts like a champ. But under part throttle, light throttle-it will buck and shudder , almost to the point of bogging down and killing the engine and will only downshift under hard acceleration.

Am I having running issues and transmission issues-or do you think my poorly running engine is causing the transmission issues?

I’m lost guys-and a bit overwhelmed lol any ideas would be greatly appreciated

• Sponsors(?)

CarMichael Angelo

clearly, I’ve got something going on in that hole
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
A few of you guys know, over the last year or so I have been trying to put my 1994 GT back to driver status.
The main reason the car was parked for so long was a leaking Aode transmission with reverse issues got replaced with a used aode with only one forward gear.
The car is mostly stock-
•stock fuel pump
•stock injectors
•stock intake
•stock throttle body
•E303 cam-which it has had for several years
•typical headers-X pipe and two chambers

The car runs pig rich at times, randomly dies, surging idle at times, and slow to rev when warm.

I replaced and reran a lot of the vacuum lines,I haven’t found a leak anywhere. I have done the base idle reset, as well as replace the iac and throttle position sensor over the last year. Along with the temp sensor and a healthy cleaning of the maf.

I have been through @jrichker ’s checklist several times with not much change.

Where do I go from here guys? What would you suggest?

The other part to my extremely long line of questioning- the Aode transmission is a fresh rebuild ,less than 10 miles on it. New converter, fresh fluid at the correct level. Only things different are a Transgo shift kit and an aftermarket transmission cooler.
When driving the car,as long as I am leaning on it pretty good-the car pulls strong and up shifts like a champ. But under part throttle, light throttle-it will buck and shudder , almost to the point of bogging down and killing the engine and will only downshift under hard acceleration.

Am I having running issues and transmission issues-or do you think my poorly running engine is causing the transmission issues?

I’m lost guys-and a bit overwhelmed lol any ideas would be greatly appreciated
I'm saying you are having OD or LU issues on the trans..you should be in my car when I forget to disengage the locked up converter..

Reactions: RaggedGT

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
I can remember an issue with torque converter shudder on the mustang GTs and the Crown victorias. It would usually happen around 40 to 45mph. I've fixed several with a flu if d and filter change and the addition of Lucas transmission treatment.

That wasn't on bra d new transmissions or fresh rebuilds.

Reactions: RaggedGT

RaggedGT

check back later..
Mod Dude
Jul 20, 2014
Taylorsville ky
www.stangnet.com
Alright guys,if I can have your ear again- I made some adjustments to the idle-to the Mlps-adjusted the shifter and fluid level.And I drove it further away from the house-that was a bit sketchy lol.
It drives better, but still has the shudder/bog at part throttle. But the car will not idle below 2K Rpms while in gear and I’d put money on that being my shudder/bog problems... At idle in park it hovers around 1K Rpms, and getting it to do that took forever(thanks @jrichker ) how do I set the idle for in gear/driving?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Engine Code 63 and more shuddering Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 10
S Engine Bad Shudder and Bad Codes Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 2
plantmeister Car Shudders When Turning Wheel Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 7
95Stangpa New Here Shuddering In Rear 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 30
S 96 Mustang Gt Shudders Under Throttle Why? SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 9
I New Front And Rear Brakes Drums Rotors Shudder Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 24
Mikey1968 Code 29...Mid Range Acceleration Shudder Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 7
A Brake Shudder 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech 7
8 Shudder / Vibration at low rpm SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 5
K Transmission (T5) shudder/noise Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 0
G Strange shudder at all speeds...HELP! 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 7
F Clutch Chatter/Shudder - Normal? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 2
matt1517 tranny shuddering..ideas? SN95 V6 Mustang Tech 10
S Will this work? Converter Shuddering 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 6
Roger Ramjet Driveline Shudder 2007 - 2014 Shelby GT500 Tech 2
walter Shuddering sound 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech 21
1994Vib.RedGT violent shuddering in 1st gear 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 7
J AODE Shudder?...How to fix this 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 14
Mach460 Driveline Shudder in 2000 Mustang GT SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 5
D engine shudder at idle Classic Mustang Specific Tech 1
Snake99 99 Cobra clutch shudder SVT Tech Forum 0
iLkYsPoNy SHUDDER!! Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 0
J another AODE shuddering 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 9