Site Is Very Slow For Me.

droopie85gt

Hookers and Beer for life!
5 Year Member
Dec 26, 2016
Cordova, TN
I'm a pretty tech savvy guy. I am not a network admin, but I have installed large format plotters for 20 years, so I know my way around Windows and nerd out my network at home. This site is very slow to respond and sometimes gives me an UNKNOWN ERROR when I post. It sometimes take 10 seconds or more for a forum to open or go to the next page. Is this normal, or because I'm a NOOB here or because I ran and Ad Blocker....which I HAVE to run to be able to get on Corral. I'm on Xfinity and presently getting 87mb dl and 12mb upload.

Is there anything on my end that could be causing a general lag?

Great question for @Noobz347

I know brand new,first post users comments go through moderation before the post shows up (obviously not the case here lol.)
I know on the mobile site-running the black moon skin gets rid of pop ups etc.
Maybe Noobz can shed some light on your issues,and while he's at it, fix the edit box that won't go away when I try to fix my posts :D

I'm a pretty tech savvy guy. I am not a network admin, but I have installed large format plotters for 20 years, so I know my way around Windows and nerd out my network at home. This site is very slow to respond and sometimes gives me an UNKNOWN ERROR when I post. It sometimes take 10 seconds or more for a forum to open or go to the next page. Is this normal, or because I'm a NOOB here or because I ran and Ad Blocker....which I HAVE to run to be able to get on Corral. I'm on Xfinity and presently getting 87mb dl and 12mb upload.

Is there anything on my end that could be causing a general lag?

An ad blocker will definitely kill some processes used for navigation on this site. I would recommend that you disable it or add an exception for Stangnet. Also: Try the dark skin (Black Moon) for this forum. The selection is in the bottom left hand corner when you scroll. The ads there are setup a little differently and it helps some folks.

Most of the ads for Official Member+ on Stangnet have been disabled but a few remain.

Once your ad blocker is disabled, clear your net cache and allow time for them to rebuild.

If none of that seems to have effect then my next suggestion is that your Web Service Provider DNS lookup is not all that great. It happens. Not all service providers consider it necessary to have Stangnet listed in their DNS lookup tables. You can find instructions for doing that here: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Needless to say, that Stangnet does reside on Google's DNS lookup. :D

I would suggest what Noobz stated, and modify your DNS setting to see if that works. Ad Blockers should not be a huge problem but some Ad blockers will disable a lot of normal JS functions, not on purpose, but they do.

I have been on many major websites and whenever it comes to posting on any site in any form (login, ecommerce, forums), and I have an ad blocker enabled, then the site will not function properly. It may not be an issue on older sites with older code/software, but we always have the latest features of web 2.0 and ad blockers can cause an issue.

Try both of those steps, start with Google DNS and then try disabling the Adblocker for Stangnet only and see.

I use google dns at home and work (don't tell IT Dept), but I'll reskin and see. The weird thing is at home it acts the exact same in Opera and Chrome....but I have ad blocker running on both. I'll add an exception and see. The funny thing is most people hate Corral because of all the ads, but running ad blocker I hardly see any and it runs better than here or FEP, and I am a FEP supporter, not sure if that makes a difference.

Weird, it still pops a box at the top that says Unspecified Error when I hit Post. I'll just have to remember that it DOES post and quit hitting back to check it causing double and triple posts....maybe I'll make MadMike nutz and do a quad for giggles.

I do this stuff for a living. I got yelled at yesterday because a customer cannot believe the flourescent lights in his office cause a touchscreen pc's touchscreen freak out. Even standing there touching it, with spots lighting up all over the screen like you have 50 fingers, but the instant the light switch is flipped off, it works fine. Nope, this must be defective....the old one worked.

No biggie...I just have to remember not to hit BACK after I get an unspecified error or I get dupes.