Slight "hicuup" feel at consistant speeds/lower rpm

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
i just got my car friday, im being extremely observant of everything. im wondering if this is normal or something i should persue more. my foxbody did it at times.

cruising at about 1500 rpm's, every once in awhile it feels like a hicuup in the car. just a real quick bump, almost like you tapped the brake. in my car it was a fuel filter/pump related issue.

i know these cars like a little higher rpm's it feels like, just wondering if this could be contributed to the lower rpm's or if this is most likely maf/fuel filter/ect related?

i talked to ford and they didnt replace the fuel filter or even check it. so ill probably do that anyway. it also has a bbk cai on it, im wondering if the airfilter oil possibly got on the maf and is causing it?

anyone had similar issues?

• Sponsors (?)

my car used to do the same. it might still, its got a dif motor now though...

i noticed, after a dozen 600 mile straight trips, that every 12 seconds (while cruising right at 3grand), it would do a little hiccup.. i think sometimes it would do it every 9 seconds, either way it was a consistent pattern.

barely enough to notice, if the radio was on or any kind of distraction, or you moved the pedal at all you wouldnt notice it..but it was definitely there.

it felt like maybe the motor missfired, like it missed exactly one fire.. it felt like it was maybe losing 2hp for a tenth of a second.

:shrug:

yeah, that is pretty much it. mine is at lower rpm's though, and not quite that consistant.

maybe this is normal then? the car runs fine otherwise, no issues whatsoever.

another thing i thought it could possibly be, is when the electric fan kicks on cruising.

mine is always up to full temp when it does this. its like the fan kicks and it causes a small bump :shrug:

mine did this in the dead of winter, so its not the fan. it shouldnt turn on while cruising anyway, the temp should stay below fan range at speed.

it could be a number of electrical things cycling though.