• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Slipping Clutch Experience???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Turkey Sammich
  • Start date Start date Nov 27, 2006

Turkey Sammich

I can't fap normal. I cracked a rib, then my ankle
Jul 12, 2006
0
59
154
Nov 27, 2006
#1
  • Nov 27, 2006
  • #1
I happened to be coming home from work when the enemy(ie ricer, in a Honduh Accord) pulled up next to me at a red light. He motions to me that he wants to race.

At which time while smoking him, I noticed that the engine sounds like it's revving when I accelerate, however it does it only in 4th & 5th gear. The RPM's will go up, however I will not be accelerating. Has anyone here, had these problems, how would one diagnose the issue and resolve per say issue?

Should an adjustment be done, or does it sound like the clutch needs to be completely replaced?
 

Roland69

Sergeant Tangnet
Sep 17, 2005
2,867
3
58
Port Elgin, Ontario
Nov 27, 2006
#2
  • Nov 27, 2006
  • #2
where does your clutch engauge
 

RsStanG1987

I shaved all my pubes playing this game.
10 Year Member
Mar 13, 2004
569
9
79
Dupont PA
Nov 28, 2006
#3
  • Nov 28, 2006
  • #3
Ask ram360 to post the vid of me smoking my clutch instead of my tires. And my old car the clutch started to go i would romp on it in 5th and the rpms would shoot up but not accelerate..
 

sunil6784

Member
Mar 31, 2005
620
0
18
Boston, MA
Nov 28, 2006
#4
  • Nov 28, 2006
  • #4
Sounds like you need a new clutch...

If it happens in only higher gears, thats a good sign that you need a new clutch.
 

ram360

Founding Member
Oct 19, 2002
2,162
1
59
Pennsylvania
Nov 28, 2006
#5
  • Nov 28, 2006
  • #5
RsStanG1987 said:
Ask ram360 to post the vid of me smoking my clutch instead of my tires. And my old car the clutch started to go i would romp on it in 5th and the rpms would shoot up but not accelerate..
Click to expand...

 

Turkey Sammich

I can't fap normal. I cracked a rib, then my ankle
Jul 12, 2006
0
59
154
Nov 28, 2006
#6
  • Nov 28, 2006
  • #6
I'm thinking it will have to be replaced as well. I'm going to see about taking it in tomorrow to have it looked at.

Any idea's of what I should replace my current clutch with? (Other than one that doesn't slip?)
 

Mr. Rustypwnz

Advanced Member
Jun 1, 2005
1,761
63
69
indianapolis/ valdosta ga
Nov 28, 2006
#7
  • Nov 28, 2006
  • #7
cobra clutches are good (kc) They have really stock feel to em, and they last as well, centerforce units are good as well.
 

Turkey Sammich

I can't fap normal. I cracked a rib, then my ankle
Jul 12, 2006
0
59
154
Nov 28, 2006
#8
  • Nov 28, 2006
  • #8
I actually have a Centerforce clutch. However, it was installed by the prior owner and seeing the work he's done to the car, it was most likely used.

How difficult is it to install a new clutch? Is it a do-it yourself job or a little more advanced. And last but not least, how time consuming is this repair?
 

Mr. Rustypwnz

Advanced Member
Jun 1, 2005
1,761
63
69
indianapolis/ valdosta ga
Nov 28, 2006
#9
  • Nov 28, 2006
  • #9
well you can do it, its not that hard when the engine and tranny is out of the car, but your gonna have to jack it to the moon if you dont, drop the tranz, unbolt the pressure plate, you might have to have someone with a tourque wrench on the crank, to get em off, and, you will prolly get a gut feeling to resurface the flywheel, I say do it, although im not cuz im poor and lazy. you will need a clutch alignment tool also, which is like 3 bux, then you will see that the rear main seal is leaking which is no biggie, I mean your already under there, so you get a seal again like 3-4 bux, then put it all together, torque the bolts on the flywheel, blah blah, bolt up the tranz, go smoke some more f22- f23 vtec cars (accordz) That is like the shortest answer I have for ya.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
471
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
fasterthangas
F
T
Vibrating clutch pedal
  • t.hite10
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
203
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 11, 2026
squeak93
Removing speedo cable from the VSS
  • 91AOD5.0LX
  • Mar 25, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 25, 2026
91AOD5.0LX
Ford truck engine swap issues
  • keel
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
17
Views
534
Other Auto Tech Jul 13, 2026
General karthief
B
Rear quarter window regulator
  • BADAZZOMBIE08
  • Mar 29, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
0
Views
180
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Mar 29, 2026
BADAZZOMBIE08
B
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?