SLOW TURN SIGNAL BLINKERS

smokin91'

Feb 19, 2006
Ive noticed on my car and all 87-93 stangs for that matter, the turn signal blinks at a VERY slow rate.

Where is the blinker thing located and can I buy a new one that will make the blinkers blink at a normal speed and not once every 2 seconds?

• Sponsors (?)

The location varies.

Standard flashers use a bi-metallic spring to open and close the contacts (dependant upon current draw to the bulbs).
An electronic flasher will modulate the pulse more consistantly.

Good luck.

Off the top of my head:

Under the dash, between the ignition column and center console.

Behind the radio.

Behind or under the glovebox.

Those are the biggies I can think of. I know people have posted more Waldo finds before though.

Turn on the blinker and listen for the clicking - follow the clicks. :D

The hazard flasher is at the fusebox - so don't get excited thinking you found the TS flasher. :(

Good luck.

OK I found mine, It is behind the radio. it is a blue thing.

My question is if i go and buy a new one will my turn signals still flash at the same speed?

Yep that's it.

The new one will be clear with golden metal inner workings.

It will "click" moreso than "ting".

5363478.JPG

efl102.GIF

Throw this old thermal crap in the trash.
VWC-111-953-185-B.jpg

Attachments

• 5363478.JPG
    5363478.JPG
    7.5 KB · Views: 236
  • efl102.GIF
    efl102.GIF
    56.4 KB · Views: 263
The number on a normal flasher indicates how many bulbs (ergo what kind of wattage) it's rated for.

An E-flasher is not nearly so sensitive. The parts store computer should be able to look up the correct E-flasher for you.

Good luck.

smokin91' said:
Ive noticed on my car and all 87-93 stangs for that matter, the turn signal blinks at a VERY slow rate.

Where is the blinker thing located and can I buy a new one that will make the blinkers blink at a normal speed and not once every 2 seconds?

Change your blinker fluid. Low viscosity blinker fluid can result in a slow blink. You want the higher octane kind, not the crappy kind. Also make sure your canuter valve isn't open.

85_SS_302_Coupe said:
Change your blinker fluid. Low viscosity blinker fluid can result in a slow blink. You want the higher octane kind, not the crappy kind. Also make sure your canuter valve isn't open.
:lol: :nonono: Funny i cant find mine where is the resivour at? I seen your video of the burn out sweeet! So are you in ohio or kentucky? peace

john:p

Old school here has always used a drop in turn signal blink rate as a tipoff that the alternator is going, or the battery is low.

Be happy you have an old fashioned flasher unit you can replace. My 97 F150 lost the trailer turn signals last week. The owners manual sort of shows where the fuse is, but not the relays... I accidently pulled the air bag fuse, now I have no trailer signals and have to get the dealer to shut the light off...