SLP Resonators

Does anyone know if you can buy just the "shotgun" resonators from SLP? Or know of another resonator that will sound like SLP's? I've already got an exhaust setup from the stock headers back, and I wanted to cut out my Flowmasters and weld in the resonators to see how it sounds. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

02bigdaveGT said:
Does anyone know if you can buy just the "shotgun" resonators from SLP? Or know of another resonator that will sound like SLP's? I've already got an exhaust setup from the stock headers back, and I wanted to cut out my Flowmasters and weld in the resonators to see how it sounds. Thanks.

Yes, you can because when I was doing the F-body thing with my '99 and '01 Formulas, alot of guys would add one into the midpipe with louder catbacks and it would actually kill some of the drone, but it didn't really do anything for the overall volume. But...as I remember, they aren't cheap by any means.

Resonators are basically just a larger diameter pipe aren't they? Why couldn't I just weld in a piece of pipe that is the same diameter and length as a SLP resonator. I just want to replace my Flowmaster muffler with something really loud and cheap that still gives good performance.