smelly heat help!

Final5pt0

Apr 18, 2005
About 2 weeks ago i installed a new heater core in the 87GT i recently purchased.... before i changed it the air fron the vents smelled :notnice: heavily of antifreeze... now two weeks later the heat works perfect and the car hasnt lost a drop of anti freeze but the heat still smells:bang: ( not as bad but it isnt a pleasnt odor). is this a byproduct of the heater core leaking for a long period of time? is there any way to fix this? or do i just have to wait for it to go away?

• Sponsors (?)

:nonono: i assume to clean it i would have to basically do the job agian, taking the dash off :bang: :bang: :bang: ....does anyone know...will it eventually wear off or anyone know a trick to help it out

Im not sure about the heat but for stinky AC you spray Lysol into the cowl vents with the air on high, maybe the heat is the same way?

ill give that a shot....cant hurt.... i just bought the car less then a month ago and i inherited the leakso it coulda been leaking for a long long time.
I TRIED cleaning inside that box, but that air flap with the foam on it was just impossible to clean completely because3 i only had that HVAC box halfway out ( i didint completely dissconnect the AC