smoothed engine bay

• Sponsors (?)

i can tell you this. no welding and no bondo. i used 3M body repair tape. it's a metalic tape with a strong adhesive backing. lots of hi-build primer. lots and lots of hand sanding. eastwood extreme chassis black and a finishline HVLP gun. some might get uppity about my methods but the results are the same. i only had problems one the driver side where the metal was wrinkled from an accident...PB

www.eastwoodco.com originaly i only planned on useing it on the front, where the prop rod sits. there are big holes there. it worked so well there i just used it on everything. i'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. i have to admit it was the first time i used a HVLP gun and the finish is not magazine quality but it looks 1000 times better. there is some more pix on cardomain. thanx for the complements...PB

Satin is a good choice for an engine bay. Gloss shows everything and flat is too flat.

I dont know how waxing would affect a satin paint. It might not work exactly right. I assume you want to keep the greese down and for easy washing.

BTW looks good.

nah your prob right - but i dont knwo if they consider satins or flats single stages - single stage means, one stage (shooting the paint) and it comes out as finished product no clearing - i guess if its a satin single stage than yea, but if its glossy than no - whatever it looks badass lol get some pics w/ the paper off so we can see the red up against the black man!