SN95 5 Lug Conversion: Weird Hum after install.

5LugFoxFanatic

LOVE AND PEACE!
Founding Member
I am trying to figure out why my car makes this noise. I have an 86, with an SN95 brake conversion. A few years ago, I noticed when I went over 70mph, it made a humming sound, very loud humming from, I believe the right front wheel area. It does not hum when I have my foot on the gas, but when I take my foot off the gas over 70mph. It hums a tiny bit when I am under 70, barely loud enough to hear it, but it very noticeable at 70mph. I thought it was a wheel bearing, so I replaced it with a brand new hub from Ford. I thought that would take care of it, but it did not. The only other thing I can think of is it may be the transmission but it does not sound like it’s coming from my tranny. I was thinking of picking up some hubs and spindles off of ebay and putting one of those one to see if that fixes it, but I hate to spend 150+ to get them and not have it work. I swapped my front brakes from 99+ calipers and rotors to 03 Cobra’s and rotors, and it made no difference, not like it would but I did do that. I also rotated the tires to see if that was it, and no difference. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)