Brakes Sn95 Axles In Fox Rear

86mustanglx

Sep 26, 2016
I realize this topic has been covered and covered again, But I have a few unique questions.
I have a set of 94-95 Front spindles I am going to install into my 86 with SN95 ball joints. I'm lead to believe this will keep the same track width in the front as stock. Is this correct?
I also intend on installing full SN95 rear axles, caliper brackets, calipers, ETC. From what I can see the SN95 axles will increase the rear track width by 1.5" which I am okay with. SO my question is, will the difference in track widths from front to rear affect the handling of the car in a negative way? I know I could get some Ranger or Aerostar axles and modify the brackets, but I already have all the SN95 stuff.
One last question, Does anyone make Ebrake cables for this setup that don't require modification?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

I have that same setup. 94-95 spindles DO push the front wheels out slightly. I have before/after pics with the same rims showing a slight, but noticeable bump out. But it's not much.

But to answer your question, with the SN95 axles out back, no real change in handling. Just makes it harder to select nice fat rims out back

Id recommend to pick your wheels, then decide SN95 or fox axles out back

I picked up a set of stock Bullit wheels off craigslist years ago (I was really thinking ahead) and I believe they came from an 05. They should be 17" x 8. I didn't anticipate any problems with them, but let me know if you think i'd have any issues. I didn't really plan on a super wide rear rim, but that may change someday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you plan on running the 05+ wheels, you'll want the wider Sn95 axles out back for sure. However, one day, if you want wider rims, you'll need to run fox length axles.

Really not an issue. Just a set of axle brackets from north race cars, and 5-lug fox length axles.

My sn95 rear track did affect handling. It didn't corner as well with a wider track in the rear....the " turn in " was different and felt like it wanted to push.

I dealt with it by running 05 wheels up front and 08 wheels in the rear. ( ugly as hell )

If you don't push curves to the limit you'd probably never know the difference.