SN95 Axles on a fox with oem drum brakes????

roadrunner19va

Oct 1, 2005
is it possible to use the SN95 rear axles with the stock drum brakes on a fox body mustang. Or do I have to convert the rear drums to SN95 Discs. I really want to do a five lug conversion but do not want to do the MC change or put ranger axles in it. I might change the rear drums out later on down the road. Right now changing the MC would be a pain. Let me know if anyone has acceived this. Thanks Travis

• Sponsors (?)

No you cannot use SN95 axles with rear drums. You can only run the SN95 rear disks with those axles.

WHy are you against running ranger axles? Those are the axles you want to run 5-lug drums.

Or you can buy the FMS 5-lug drum kit, which is basically the same thing

SN95 Axles

I just do not want to get used ranger axles. Truck Axles tend to be run really hard and they are used to 4X4 alot. I might go with a new axle kit from 5.0 resto. Thanks for the Info.

hi i have sn95 brakes on my 88' LX i had to do some machining on the disk and on the caliper bracket, i have the stock axles and i drill new 5 holes on it and i dont have any problems i tried slicks on it and no problems...
what year from the ranger can fit the axles for my car?

Let me get this right, i'm have 02 GT wheels and an 8.8 to be built for my car. I CAN use SN95 rear axle's? I want to go to disc anyway. I was always under the assumption Ranger axles were the only ones you could use in a fox.

TheNoachSHO said:
Let me get this right, i'm have 02 GT wheels and an 8.8 to be built for my car. I CAN use SN95 rear axle's? I want to go to disc anyway. I was always under the assumption Ranger axles were the only ones you could use in a fox.

You can use 94-98 SN95 axles ONLY if you run 94-04 Sn95 rear disk.

If you are gonna run rear 5-lug drums, you gotta use ranger axles.

These is a company that makes custom brackets to run SN95 rear disks with ranger axles. This keeps the stock offset.

TheNoachSHO said:

The 94-98 Axle housing is the exact same as the Fox axle housing, the width is gained in the axles and brakes. It actually fills out your rear fenderwells quite nicely!