Sn95 brakes and axles in a fox rear

DarkProphet

Founding Member
Aug 19, 2002
Quakertown, PA
Hey guys, I have access to a fox rear with about half the amout of miles that my car has, it also has 3.73 gears in it. Can i just swap my axles into the fox rear, and mount my brakes onto it as well? This would save me alot of money as it would be free. Is there anything else that i would have to buy, other then the fluids and and all that stuff, like any brackets?
Thanks alot!

• Sponsors (?)

All the stuff off of your sn95 axle can just bolt up to the fox body axle. That includes the caliper brackets. The only other things that you'll have to do is double flare the rear hardlines and get a new fitting to screw into the sn95 softlines. Im not sure about the size. (3/16th maybe?). Also, you'd have to get a set of fms parking brake cables and the center cable. Im not sure if you can use the cables off of the sn95.

So let me get this straight.

You are going to switch all the stuff from you 95 rear to a fox rear?

Regardless you'll likely need a new bearing kit, fluid, and have to shim the rear or have someone do it for you.

If it was mine, i'd just do a rear build up on the current rear. Obviously it's gonna cost you, but i'm not big on used rear parts.

STANGateURlilSS said:
it will not work.. the fox rear ends are narrower then a sn-95 rear end

WRONG, WRONG! The 94-98 rear end housing is exactly the same as the Fox. The Axles are .75 wider, but the brackets for the rear brakes take up the difference.

STANGateURlilSS said:
it will not work.. the fox rear ends are narrower then a sn-95 rear end

If you are talking about the rear end housings, then that applies only to the 99-04 cars which have a 1.25" wider rear end housing.

The 86-98 cars all have the same 8.8 axle. The only difference is the axles and brakes in them. The 94-98 cars are wider by 0.75" each side due to the disk brakes. Swap the disk brakes and axles over to a Fox rear end and now you have the same increased track

huRACEmentPSR said:
:stupid: x2 but be very careful with your wheel choice and ride height. im running mach 1s with 245/45s on stock springs and my tires hit with rolled fenders when i go over big bumps

I have Factory Ford Bullitts with 245/45/17s and my car is lowered and my rears dont rub at all!

Thanks for the replies guys! I wouldnt have to worry about the rubbing issue, as its going into an sn95 not a fox, so it would be at my normal width. When we start ripping my car apart for the new engine, ill check out all the rear stuff to be sure, but it looks like it can be done! I would just get mine all rebuilt, with gears and the such, but this rear has low miles on it, better gears, and a better locker (auburn i think). So for pretty much free I could have it and have a better rear.