Sn95 Brakes... Fox Length... 9inch Ends Or C Clip Elims

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
15 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
whats the easiest way to do this?whos got what set up??

strange makes a set of elims that have built in brackets for the SN95 brakes on SN95 cars. problem is i need to keep my rear the stock width of a fox car. i already called and the lady who i talked to seemed confused to why i wanted to do what i wanted to do and just said no...

• Sponsors (?)

for what its worth im dropping the rear off this week to have the new ends put on it new axles. for now im going to leave my SVO brakes on it and start looking for parts this spring to do the SN95 stuff

I asked this same question about this time last year, and my car is much more street then yours. Rick recommended the 9" ends, based on the racing part, not the street part. Honestly, I know this is the best route, but I ended up keeping the c-clips for now. With as little race as I do, I thought I would be okay with the 31 spline axles and disc brakes on the end. Now that the money is spent, I do wish I had gone ahead and done the 9" ends and know that it was bullet proof.

Joe

how much power you plan on making and is it a stick car? Reason i ask, is because strange told me that i was pushing it with my 31 spline axles and a 5 speed, so i stepped up to 35 spline pieces.

right now its just a junk yard GT40 set up... might get a bottle this year maybe not. and yes its a 5 speed set up for now.

if i gotta go 35's down the road im ok with that.

I was looking into doing the same setup. What I was told was that w/ 9" ends you cannot use the SN95 rear brakes, that you would have to go to an after market rear disc setup. Strange has a rear disc setup that will work w 9" ends.

Im running 94-04 cobra front and rear brakes on 94-95it front spindles and dutchman 5 lug fox length axles. Very easy setup and rides great! Pm for a more detailed list if parts and pics if you want!