Sn95 Gts Dash Change Out To 96-98 Gt

95momoneyGT

May 25, 2017
Hello All Fellow Stangers,
I am in need of some hands on knowledge or just stang genius.
I have a stock 95 GTS and the dash wiring was severely molested. So I decided to put in a complete 96-98 GT dash. (couldnt find a 95) I have the original cluster and googled the part number, so it is a 94-95 gt cluster. My Question is: Will I have to repin harness or change the 96-98 dash harness out with a SN94-95 gt harness? I am only asking this question because i am not getting the correct charging from the battery/alternator. I have changed alternator,battery,checked that I had all grounds,checked cluster battery bulb and others and made sure resistor on cluster was reading correct ohms. Any help with this or diagrams would be greatly appreciated. I am out of ideas and frustrated as all get out.
Thanks again for any replies

• Sponsors (?)

I am not one that knows a lot about cars, but I did manage to find a diagram over on Corral. I don't know if I can post a link to the post(even though the post is from 09) but there was not a lot of info to begin with.

Someone said "I swapped a 96 cluster into my 94. Had to switch a few wires, but that was easy to do. Works great." Besides that, really nothing more to be had from the post.

Here is that diagram though, goodluck!

pinout95to96cluster.jpg

If mods say I can I will link the thread. :shrug: