SN95 Rack & Pinion Swap, anyone done it?

Kerpal

Aug 9, 2004
I'm going to be replacing my worn out steering rack with one from an '02-04 GT, and was wondering if anyone had any advice on the install. I already bought the Maximum Motorsports solid steering shaft to connect an SN95 rack to my Fox steering collum.

The main thing I'm unclear on is wether or not I'll need to use Fox tie rods. I have SN95 inners and outers that came with the rack, so I'm hoping I can use those and just adjust them inwards to fit?

Other than that, anyone have any tips on the install? It seems fairly straightforward, other than getting to the bolts that hold the steering shaft on, and making sure everything goes on relatively centered...

• Sponsors (?)

I was told the threads on the Fox and SN95 tie rods are different, so you can't mix and match them. I asked when I did my 5 lug conversion since I was replacing everything in the front suspension. Other than that, I don't know more about the swap.

I'm just now finishing up this swap and I found out that you DO need fox length inner tie rods after all. Which means that you must use Fox outers as well.

The PS fluid lines from my '90 fit the SN95 rack with no problems, as did the mounting bushings.