So close to putting in a bid!

• Sponsors (?)

I've never really thought about it before, but could you legally drive that on the road? Or would you be cited/arrested for "impersonating an officer"?

A friend of mine used to have an crown Vic police interceptor, that was formally an undercover State trooper car he picked up at auction. Had the nitrous setup and everything. But, to legally drive it, he had to obviously disconnect the nitrous, but he also had to make the lights and siren non-functional. Perhaps that is just an odd law in VA, but I'd be worried that you could get in some serious trouble having all that equipment if you aren't an officer......

who says you can't legally drive with laughing gas hooked up? But I seriously doubt any state is gonna put nitrous on any of their service vehicles. They would be blowing the heads off the motors constantly.

+1. Police departments don't put nitrous or any thing of the sort on their service vehicles. The only reason they would do it is for public relations... Basically showing off to the public in hopes it will keep people from running. Many police deparments have sort of "show vehicles" like this. But they are not usually service vehicles. I have seen 03 Cobras as under cover cars, but cars like this are usually used after they are siezed at street racing events or from a drug bust.

BTW: As long as you take off the decals (which are magnetic on this vehicle... and did that so they could sell it as a street car) and the lights and sirens are inop, it is legal to drive it on public roads. And that car is bad ass!