So how many TOB's have you been through?

How many times have you replaced your TOB?

• Never.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Once.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Twice or more.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Dragstr05

Dec 21, 2004
Stafford VA
As the title says, how many of you have put a TOB in your car, and how many more than 1? I got my 2000 GT with 62k miles; everything about it was in excellent shape. The underside clean with no rust, engine runs great, paint flawless, interior sharp, etc.

2wks after I get the car, the TOB started chirping. I got a TOB, pilot bearing and clutch kit (oem) and put all that in on a saturday at work. Absolutely no problems with the clutch, but ~12k miles later it started chirping again. I didnt have a choice so I had to run it out for a while to get another one in, but in the end I ended up paying to have one put in at work because circumstances change with work rules. The 2nd TOB was put in at approx 89k miles. I now have 96kmi and its chirping AGAIN!

This is very aggravating. I dont think I screwed up with the first install, but I know for sure the 2nd one was done right just incase it was my fault the first one went out. 2 TOB's in 34kmiles, and now it needs another. This is rediculous.

Well stock one went until 50K...and was still working fine. Pretty quiet. We pulled it and the stock clutch for the Spec STG 3 and put the TOB they supplied in.

Iv got about 1K on the new setup and it seems a little louder already...but then again my car is alot quieter now so maybe it isnt LOL. A

And how loud is this "chirping"?

Never that I know of. My car is definatly on the stock clutch even with 108k on it.

When I first bought it the TOB squeeked a little, and then it really started squeeking shortly after I bought it. It did that for a few months then one day it just stopped.

Up until this point, I had absolutely no idea what the hell you were talking about when you typed "TOB"