so i was talking to the wife last night ...

• Sponsors (?)

Here's how it will go:
Part 1: You sell the Stang (prolly at a significant loss). Some guy will buy it, swap out one little part or do one little thing to it that makes it work perfect. He'll drive by your house and you'll ***** a brick. He'll tell you that the problem was resolved in 10 minutes and cost him $2. You'll cry. :(

Part 2: You'll buy an old Poncho or something. It will be less of a car than the Mustang that you started out with. It'll handle, stop and ride like poo. The body will twist like a wet pretzel. Plus, it'll barely get out of it's own way. Guess what. You'll sink some $$$ into fixing that stuff. Then you'll be right back where you started. I'm not sure if there is a "OldPoncho.com" out there. But I'm sure you'll get the help you need. :(

Just a thought.

Here's how it will go:
Part 1: You sell the Stang (prolly at a significant loss). Some guy will buy it, swap out one little part or do one little thing to it that makes it work perfect. He'll drive by your house and you'll ***** a brick. He'll tell you that the problem was resolved in 10 minutes and cost him $2. You'll cry. :(

Part 2: You'll buy an old Poncho or something. It will be less of a car than the Mustang that you started out with. It'll handle, stop and ride like poo. The body will twist like a wet pretzel. Plus, it'll barely get out of it's own way. Guess what. You'll sink some $$$ into fixing that stuff. Then you'll be right back where you started. I'm not sure if there is a "OldPoncho.com" out there. But I'm sure you'll get the help you need. :(

Just a thought.

:lol: Hey quit talking about my '72 Mach 1. hahahaha. :)

Yeah Chris, how about some pics? I can host 'em if need be... no excuses!

Don't flame me but I reallylike those old verts!! Boat loads of tq.

Yea cause they had to get 4000lbs of turd moving.

Chris, hang in there man, soon the car will be running the way it should and you can enjoy it. Theres a point (a lot of times more than one point) where every Mustang owner wants to throw in the towel. I myself have wanted to get rid of the car more times that I can count because of stupid ****, but I held out and have something I think is pretty nice to show for it. Keep up the good work man, this thing is gonna be a monster!

Chris, I could not agree more. Also, aren't you hurting for garage access or something along those lines?

I never understood the reason for the auto swap (this isnt a track car I don't think) but worst case is to sell your trans and converter and all that crap and go back to a stick. It'll be way cheaper than anything else (even if you wanted to sell the car, this would be the way to go IMHO).

Good luck with the decision.

For reals, don't give up on your car. I know that I've been through a lot with mine but ya just gotta grit your teeth and keep pushing through. Hell, I just blew another head gasket, I need to install a new flywheel, I still haven't figured out what to do about my 3' cowl hood still not clearing the intake, the ABS is shot, can't get the autometer water temp gauge to work, nagging exhuast leaks, oil leaks that I can't seem to get fixed, and I need a paint job to boot.

really though, stick with it. I wanted to set my car on fire the last couple days (or set the person who dropped a washer down my intake runner on fire)

it'll be worth it

Hey now, calm down... don't set anything on fire... it may seem like it's worth it now but... haha!

I agree - you can do it Chris!

P.S. If you do set anything/one on fire, post video up.

reddy's absolutely right. the first thing he mentioned happened to me w/ my old XJ. sold it for cheap cause i could never figure out wtf was wrong w/ it. 1 week later, guy comes back to tell me it was the Crank sensor ($19) and it runs like a beaut.

grady's right, too: the bulk is done. stick with it, man--can't get the time you've already put into it back, nor will you get the money back.

keep at it!!!

but if u do sell it no way would i sell it with that motor combo in there. swap a stocker back in there if you do and just throw your current motor into something

maybe one of those factory5 cobras :drool: