So much want, but I've likely "built" my last car

FoxMustangLvr

I love my Pimp
SN Certified Technician
Oct 14, 2012
Spokane, Wa
I think this is a great deal so long as the guy can actually get the title for it. An 82' notch 4eye with one heck of a clean body is begging to be driven or upgraded. I just have no motivation right now to strip another car down and build it back up.

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/1982-mustang-gl/6763106316.html

image 1 of 6
00O0O_7OJ9Qv4Scca_600x450.jpg

00e0e_kaHIU3kbxDF_600x450.jpg

00V0V_91QHXH5MIdw_600x450.jpg

00r0r_epkH1J2ggJR_600x450.jpg

00q0q_56ePM7P5N6m_600x450.jpg

00a0a_8zz5PHNNGF7_600x450.jpg

00O0O_7OJ9Qv4Scca_50x50c.jpg
00e0e_kaHIU3kbxDF_50x50c.jpg
00V0V_91QHXH5MIdw_50x50c.jpg
00r0r_epkH1J2ggJR_50x50c.jpg
00q0q_56ePM7P5N6m_50x50c.jpg
00a0a_8zz5PHNNGF7_50x50c.jpg

1982 1982 Ford Mustang GL
fuel: gas
title status: missing
transmission: automatic
type: coupe
1982 Ford mustang GL 2.3CI [4 cyl.] automatic -sun roof - turbine wheels and new cooper cobra tires[summer] new hankook winter pike studded snow tires on steel rims w/hubcaps [winter]- new battery - tabs are good till sept.2019- runs good - drives good - gets good gas mileage - it has your typical 1982....... 0 to 80 mph [eventually] characteristics - ive drove it for 3 years maintaining oil/water - the usual upkeep - never let me down - it is a great - starter/learner car - slow [lol][steers on a dime - drives great in the snow/ice /gets warm -{AC is disconnected [belt]}- cd/radio/amp/back seat box works - interior is in "ok" shape - i havent found the title yet but will pay the $81 quick title fee for a decent offer -- CASH talks - reason selling? buying a truck for work -thanks for looking and call me with any questions please!

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I really, really, really want to get a car like that to put away for a future project. Unfortunately, there are absolutely no cars like that around Texas that aren't missing titles with completely hacked wiring and '87-'93 noses.

I sent the link to my wife. She supports my Fox habit. I would store it for a while until I find motivation to work on it. I'd swap in a 8.8 rear, mini-tub it, explorer engine with F cam and 70mm turbo. One thing is for sure though, I've lost all motivation to work in a cold garage, which is why my 90' hatch is still untouched.

Reactions: 1 user
Just finished a 83 hatch the end of Sept. Did the sub frames and put a SB with a glide and did the 8.8. Got to run it two weekends at the track at the end of the season. 12.40s at 111mph. with a 1.89 60ft. Twist so hard that it scrubs the right rear very hard. Did a lot of reading about how to make these things work at the track. SO, now there is a TQ box reinforce kit and a ARB that just came to the shop a few days ago. Also a set of M/T 275/60/15Rs that should help. The nittos just were not working in the 60ft. This is the second fox that I have done in the last 5 years. First one ran 12.20s at 109mph BUT it had nothing but a set of good tires. Didn't twist like this one does and went straight down the track. it did 60 with a 1.71 so it helped with the ET. It also had a th350 trans so a little more gear in first. Motor is a 1998 truck motor with a comp EX-282 hyd. roller and a good set of valve springs and a 4.10 gear. I don't know what it weights but I just kept everything in it as it came. Even the little 4cyl battery is still in the front. It still 3-4 monts till I can get it out of storage and get it ready for spring. Christmas came early, now I need to hang in their till spring. In the last 8 years I did a 82 S-10 a 1990 full size GMC and a 81 olds Gbody and now this 83. I am 73 and thats the last one I want to build. I might do a Gremlin if I could find a nice one priced right.

Last edited:
Just finished a 83 hatch the end of Sept. Did the sub frames and put a SB with a glide and did the 8.8. Got to run it two weekends at the track at the end of the season. 12.40s at 111mph. with a 1.89 60ft. Twist so hard that it scrubs the right rear very hard. Did a lot of reading about how to make these things work at the track. SO, now there is a TQ box reinforce kit and a ARB that just came to the shop a few days ago. Also a set of M/T 275/60/15Rs that should help. The nittos just were not working in the 60ft. This is the second fox that I have done in the last 5 years. First one ran 12.20s at 109mph BUT it had nothing but a set of good tires. Didn't twist like this one does and went straight down the track. it did 60 with a 1.71 so it helped with the ET. It also had a th350 trans so a little more gear in first. Motor is a 1998 truck motor with a comp EX-282 hyd. roller and a good set of valve springs and a 4.10 gear. I don't know what it weights but I just kept everything in it as it came. Even the little 4cyl battery is still in the front. It still 3-4 monts till I can get it out of storage and get it ready for spring. Christmas came early, now I need to hang in their till spring. In the last 8 years I did a 82 S-10 a 1990 full size GMC and a 81 olds Gbody and now this 83. I am 73 and thats the last one I want to build. I might do a Gremlin if I could find a nice one priced right.
Some cool builds you got there. What wears me down is my 10 y/o son, twin 5 y/o daughters, and my 5 month old daughter. The past few winters I've busted my but in freezing weather to get my 90' hatch finished and now I get cold just thinking about walking out to the garage. My wife and I may be moving next summer or maybe the summer after next and upgrading to a bigger house and I'll be sure to get a heated garage or detached shop with heat on my wish list. I don't want to be done building cars up but I'm really limited right now with space and time. If I grab this car I'll likely store it in my Dads old detached shop until I can do something with it.

That's a cool project, don't see any of those years restored around my area.
If it was local and rust free I would seriously think about it for around 1k.
I understand what your saying though, for me at 49 it gets harder and harder to want to wrench on cars.
At this point I just want to shine them up and drive but that's the beauty of a project, when your tired with
it just take a break.