sohc to dohc swapp 2000gt

i swapped over my gt motor to a markv111 motor. i used my stock wiring harness and extended everything i needed to. i lack a air intake and i used a mark 8 fuel rail and plugged off the return line. the car fires, gets fuel, and gets spark. it will hit everyso often and backfires through the intake. does anyone have any helpful hints to wtf it could be. im lost. im bout to get a dohc harness and computer and swapp that out if i have to. any help please. i pulled the plugs and they were really wet. i tripped the fuel pump and cleaned the plugs and dried them. then i tried to start it with starting fluid and nothing it would just backfire. same when running the fuel to it.

• Sponsors (?)

I believe the Mark 8 has bigger injectors, so the computer thinks it is putting in less fuel but is really putting alot more in than necessary. Try and swap in your Gt injectors and see if that works to at least get it running then you can figure things out from there and switch back to the bigger ones with a better tune.

To me, the fact it will not start with the fuel pump offline on starting fluid says that it's not the size of the injectors.

Backfire through the intake suggests timing. Explain how the motror was timed. Also explain how you confirmed spark.

It would also help to know what the PCM things the fuel pressure is.

Hold the throttle half way open during cranking? What happens?

What happens if the MAF electrical connector is disconnected?