Sold my 03 GT, bought an 08 GT/CS

Ateup

Sep 21, 2009
OMG, I am so glad i decided to get a S197 instead of a Terminator. I friggin love this thing. It's just such a nicer car than my 03 was. there really isn't any comparison IMO. Sorry, I'm gushing.

Ateup, that is one gorgeous vehicle, congratulations man! Please enjoy your ride and report back here often.

I may be a bit prejudiced; I just ordered a red over black convertible with delivery around May 1st. I went with a similar stripe (MCA Pkg) and I too debated long over the whole stripe issue. Like you, the midships stripe really started to appeal to me. Figured if I (we) don't like them after a while we can always get the heat gun out and remove same.

Good luck!

Alot of used Mustangs I found that had the factory striping looked crappy. The vynal was all faded and cracked. Not sure if it was people not taking care of it or just OEM crap. I plan on on going aftermarket for racing stripes but the do look good. Enjoy your GT/CS. There is a local white one near my job and it is a head turner.

Other than CAI and tune, are there any must-do mods for these cars? I need tint and exhaust for sure.

She's a beaut.

I'd say one must-do mod is lowering springs. The stock ride height is way too high in my opinion. I did the FFRP swaybars also when I did my springs. I'd also recommend doing something about the brakes. My 95 GT with Cobra brakes stopped way better than my 07 does. I upgraded my front brakes to the Shelby Brembo's and it's still a brick. But I think that may partially be because I need rear brakes. I'm having them done this weekend along with some EBC slotted and dimpled rotors.

Beautiful car there, the tan interior is nice, spices up the interior ALOT! I like it. Wish I had more spice in my interior.

As for mods...do suspension for sure.

Shelby has their coil overs on sale for $799 which in my opinion is cheap...you cant get good springs and shocks/struts for that price...well they would be about the same but...DUH; COIL OVERS ROCK!

Intake and tune I really enjoyed on my car.

Do you drive the car in the winter? if not, dont tint the windows

Nice car!!!!!

I am considering going from an 06 Mustang GT to an 03/04 cobra. I test drove on 03 Cobra vert last week and it was more comfortable than I expected. The ride was not harsh at all. The only grip is the the location of the shifter.

i think I'm gonna keep it at stock height. My 03 was lowered and looked sweet, but was way too low. My driveway is like a 45deg angle, and i don't want to have to worry about scraping. I had to be too careful in my other Mustang it totally took the fun out of driving it for me. I installed the painted mirror covers and the blackout panel, getting Bassani axlebacks installed tomorrow.