Sold my fox for a 2011 f150

fox04

Mar 6, 2011
augusta, ga
Well i recently sold my fox to buy a new 2011 f150. As much as i didnt want to I needed a new DD. But to my suprise i love the truck. I wanted a 5.0 truck but settled for a oxford white single cab with the 3.7 and 3.55 gears. The truck is suprisingly pretty quick. I took it to the track for some baseline numbers. It went 15.5 @ 87 mph:nice: not too bad imo. Getting custom tuned with a 75-100 shot and hopping for some low 14s

• Sponsors (?)

Leave the DD alone, save and buy another project. Trust me on this one. My Silverado I've owned for about 6 years and it's all stock, even the radio, and I service the hell out of it and it's still an awesome truck.

Plus what you want to do you will void the warranty. Don't think they won't know, they know how to tell.

Leave the DD alone, save and buy another project.

Seriously, listen to this. If you put a shot on it, it will still run 14's, which is still slow. If you run 14's with nawz, you might be a ricer.

If you wanted something with more power you shoulda bought the 5.0 or the ecoboost.

Leave the DD alone, save and buy another project. Trust me on this one. My Silverado I've owned for about 6 years and it's all stock, even the radio, and I service the hell out of it and it's still an awesome truck.

Plus what you want to do you will void the warranty. Don't think they won't know, they know how to tell.

I completely agree. My keep my Tacoma stock (except for a small lift/bigger tires) and dump all my extra money into the Fox. I did the same thing you did back in 2003. Sold my 87 GT T-top for a new Ranger. I still regret it. Save up for another Fox :nice:

I agree with the others. Get another project. My bone stock down to the paper filter 2008 Tundra double cab w/5.7 runs low 14's all day. I have had different types of newer modified trucks for 10 years. My Tundra will be paid off in 2 years and I can't wait. The fox is paid for, so I can do whatever I want to it. My 6 speed auto tranny in my truck probably cost about 5k new, I would hate for that thing to blow if I started moding my truck. I left all else alone. But congrats on the new ride.

Well put...
Trucks are for hauling crap, not a$$.

:shrug:

spoondog_lightning.jpg

Attachments

• spoondog_lightning.jpg
    spoondog_lightning.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 118
my 07 supercrew DD on 35's and 3.55 turns low 15's around 89mph. i could try to make it faster but why? buy a good programmer, exhaust and enjoy. wait for the warranty to die first

Well i recently sold my fox to buy a new 2011 f150. As much as i didnt want to I needed a new DD. But to my suprise i love the truck. I wanted a 5.0 truck but settled for a oxford white single cab with the 3.7 and 3.55 gears. The truck is suprisingly pretty quick. I took it to the track for some baseline numbers. It went 15.5 @ 87 mph:nice: not too bad imo. Getting custom tuned with a 75-100 shot and hopping for some low 14s

:doh:.....................:nonono:

wanna race my heavy ass truck with either of your cars for $???

just saying.

Yeah the Diesel trucks are sick now a days. My friends 2008 F250 Supercrew Powerstroke put down 525hp and 1033ftlbs on the dyno with a few simple mods and a built tranny. It's fun driving around a 8300 pound truck that runs 12's....you should see the look on people's faces when they get left behind in a cloud of coal smoke:rlaugh:

The original poster did not buy a heavy truck or a powerful one....