Solid Theft Light - No Start

afineline

Jan 13, 2017
I have an 02 GT, yesterday it ran flat, then sputtered, losing power and died. It cranks but won't start. Worse part was, it died on the road and some buttwipe sideswiped me tearing off the driver side mirror, if that wasn't bad enough. Anyway, towed it home and now the theft light burns solid when I crank it but won't start at all. I have 1) disconnected battery and reconnected, 2) Made sure battery fully charged, 3) Added HEET (thinking maybe moisture caused the flat/sputtered running), 4) Made sure steering wheel was in locked position before trying to start it, 5) Locked and unlocked car with both the key and the FAB. None of this seems to work. Anybody got any ideas what I can check/do next?

• Sponsors (?)

Does the PCM "talk" to an ODB2 scanner?

What is the voltage at the battery with the key on?

Test for key on power in fuse F2.34, F2.2, and F2.8. Where to go next is determined by the results.

Reactions: 1 user
Could be the chip in your key, do you have a bunch of stuff hanging on your keys? My sisters car did that and went home and got a different key and started right up. But if you have a bunch of keys and crap on your keychain it could of messed up the switch where it's not reading your key...