Some Aussie Falcon Vids

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, Australian Fords are real neat! Lot of factory high performance Australian Fords get 32 valve 5.4L V-8 engines, and they even paint them BLUE, wow!!!! If I am given an opportunity to relocate to Australia, I would be happy to pack up and learn to drive on "wrong" side of road, then go buy myself one of these go-fast 5.4L DOHC V-8 cars!

well, a friend of mine was involved in bringing over the skyline to the US and make it DOT legal... it took making the car pass crash safety tests up to US standards, smog issues (here in CA), KmH to MPH speedo, etc. and MAN it cost him some serious scratch to do it... paid off for him, but it was VERY tough... on a side note I would kill to get my hands on a falcon XR8! I am a big V8 supercar series fan check it out at: www.v8supercar.com.au

Redzz2005GT said:
What regulations keep Ford from selling them in the US?
Pretty much emissions, crash test safety and stuff.

The Falcon is the Mustang there, so it would directly effect sales of the Mustang here if they brought it to the US.

blue05gt said:
well, a friend of mine was involved in bringing over the skyline to the US and make it DOT legal... it took making the car pass crash safety tests up to US standards, smog issues (here in CA), KmH to MPH speedo, etc. and MAN it cost him some serious scratch to do it... paid off for him, but it was VERY tough... on a side note I would kill to get my hands on a falcon XR8! I am a big V8 supercar series fan check it out at: www.v8supercar.com.au
I believe the major thing that prevented skylines from coming to the US was their tranny fluid, but thats pretty cool. Is it left hand drive?

Thats a beast of a motor :D :D :D

8557-113315-6.jpg

jadesville said:
I believe the major thing that prevented skylines from coming to the US was their tranny fluid, but thats pretty cool. Is it left hand drive?

There was more to the skyline that tranny fluid. More like the aussie fords in emissions, safety glass, etc. You can get a skyline but it will cost about 60k to have it made "Road Worthy" by US standards.

The Aussies love thier V8's...very much like the United States with big open roads for miles. I posted some pics of my 2005 Mustang GT on another site....the Aussies were drooling.

Hey all, just been reading some of your postings. thought i would give you guys another site link. www.fpv.com.au this site has all of the perfomance models that Ford Au make. there are bigger V8s and turbocharged vehciles that beat the V8. If you thought the normal fords were great check these ones out