Some Days Are Better Than Others..

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
Sitting here tonight, happy to be alive.

I'm by myself,..the house is empty. The wife's visiting her mom in Florida, #2 is at work. This is a big house, with two living rooms...I'm sitting in the one that has the furniture from the old house in it. ( it just feels more like home to me) when I'm by myself, I listen to music instead of turning on the TV, and I'm doing that right now. Additionally, and as is getting to be the norm with me, I'm having a drink.
image.jpeg

That's Jameson black, boys,..that, and Jameson Caskmate has become my go to.
( And to think only a couple of years ago, you couldn't pay me to drink whiskey)
I blame it on my attempt to make the knees disappear, both before, and now after surgery. But in hindsight, my knees really don't hurt that bad anymore..hence one more reason for the nostalgic waxing.

Its a badge of honor nowadays to raise children to be functional, contributing adults, I think my wife and I have done that..
# 1 has been in the AF for 6 years now, has his college guaranteed if he wants it, and is the apple of my eye. #2 Is going to college in February, and working as a waiter until then. Admitedly He is more of a challenge for me to get along with, but people say that he reminds them of a young me...
so,...he's got that going for him. :rolleyes:
I have a job that I'm good at, and happy to be working there. MOF it's got me written all over it...I wear a shirt that has the word " Genius" embroidered on it. The wife is exceptional at hers, She is very well paid, and she is equally happy there as well. ( again two rarities in life.)
I go into the garage, which is a great space, and there's that car sitting there..Everytime I go down there and turn on the light,......I just smile. Hello Monster....
I'm gonna be 60, and in pretty good shape for a crotchety...I'm happily married to a beautiful woman, and have been for 32 years this December.
it's gonna be Thanksgiving soon, Christmas is right around the corner, money is tighter than usual because of my surgery, and a couple of slow months, but I couldn't be happier.

None of this is to brag...I'm just realizing how lucky I am, and just felt like stepping up and saying so.

Good evening fellas.:cheers:
Time to turn up KONGOS.

Reactions: 14 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Just turned 33-just started a new job after 9 years with the old one. Married,two kids,mortgage,not at your level Mike. But I feel I'm getting there :)

Here's to many more years of that feeling :cheers:

Reactions: 1 user
Well mike, as your older brother from a different mother,I'll be 61 in January, I, along with all your other brothers here, am very proud of you. You are honest, hard working and even kind at times, well there was that incident with the cat but that was an unforeseen accident that really was partially the cats fault. And you do have a monster in your garage that you unleash on innocent, unsuspecting asphalt, and, and, ah hell, your madmake, make the best of it.
Be proud my brother and have another one on me.

Reactions: 2 users
While not married Mike i shared the same sentiments just the other night . Ill be 27 in February and although not the nicest or biggest i was sitting in my home I purchased in July thankful I was able to get this far in life with the obstacles Ive had to face. I have a semi fast cool car, cool daily driver truck , my own home , and a pretty good paying stable job with a pension and a 401. Like you said money may be tight but life is good.

cheers buddy.

*not a gloating rant just sharing the same feelings boys *

Reactions: 4 users
Cheers. I turned 57 last month. I have my own version of a "Monster" in the garage. I relate quite well to your project and follow it faithfully. I do not have the way with words that you posses, so most of my "drama" with the car stays out of public view. I would Bore the hell out of everyone. Lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Little bit of spirits and some music....gotta love it! Gotta have a good sound system. Anyone looking for awesome sound should try Sonos. Specifically, two Play 5's set up in stereo and a Sonos Sub. Got em in my living room. Incredible sounding system. Stream based via router using smart phone as controller. You'll hear bass lines that you didnt even know existed. Anyone who likes music as much as I do, I highly doubt would be disappointed.

Reactions: 1 users
I am 46. I have been married to my beautiful Korean American wife for 25 YEARS! We married young, I was 20 she was 18 and no she wasn't pregnant. We have a daughter that will soon be 23. She is gifted musically and at photography. She works for FedEx at night and has a photography business on the side. Weddings and Family photo gigs. My son is 20 and is in a Plumbers apprentice program. Both live at home. I am fine with that. They pay their own bills and don't ask for much. I have a modest home and a good family life. So Life is good for us too.

Id like to have another mustang to toy with but its not in the budget right now. I had my Super Crew but chose to trade it in for a 14 explorer for my wife to drive. I took back my old c240 benz to drive back to work to save on fuel and keep the 60 miles a day off the explorer.

Little bit of spirits and some music....gotta love it! Gotta have a good sound system. Anyone looking for awesome sound should try Sonos. Specifically, two Play 5's set up in stereo and a Sonos Sub. Got em in my living room. Incredible sounding system. Stream based via router using smart phone as controller. You'll hear bass lines that you didnt even know existed. Anyone who likes music as much as I do, I highly doubt would be disappointed.

Can you post a Link of your set up ?

I have a similar setup in three rooms of our main floor ( all open floor plan, no walls between.
Waay cheaper than Sonos, but still very good sounding for a wi-fi dependant audio system.
https://www.google.com/search?q=jam...&ved=0ahUKEwjGsbnIvrzXAhWL7SYKHX21DowQ-K4BCHU
Speaker placement makes the difference here for more or less bass. I have 3 all tucked into the respective corners of the rooms they're in. You get em from bed bath beyond, they regularly sell for 150 ea., but I was able to shop a sale, use the 20% coupon they issue all the time, and get mine for about 80. Ea.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Wait a minute......I’ve been showing y’all the crap I drink for a couple years now and no “attaboy” for me:zombie:.

You do have it good Mike, and good for you brother! I hope it stays that way. You and Kate are good together.

This is a great community...I hate that the distances make an actual one on one meet so hard to arrange.

I keep saying that we need to organize the first annual Stangnet Southern Nationals meet in Memphis...it's not the greatest of cities, but it has the three main ingredients to make it an interesting diversion for the weekend...

Blues.....BBQ,...and...Bourbon...( The bourbon thing has to come courtesy of Kentucky,..but I'm sure they got that stuff tin Tennessee too)

Reactions: 5 users
That does indeed sound like an awesome day right there.

I'm right there with you on the family side of things, albeit with much younger kids running around the house. I definitely don't have anything approaching the level of amazing such as the monster in the garage. Someday.

Here's the link to Sonos site with their various products.

I started with one Play 5. I liked it so much I bought another and configured them in stereo. They sounded fantastic even without the sub. But when I added the sub, it blew me away. It gets loud enough but its not the type of system that will have the neighbors calling the cops for disturbing the peace. But quality at moderate levels, I'm sure it can be matched but I cant imagine it being surpassed. The firmware in this system recognizes the components you have connected and walks you through optimizing acoustics for the areas of use. I also bough a Play 3 for the kitchen. Anything you can stream over your router will play on this system. iTunes library, iHeart, Pandora, etc. I also have the Connect component. It acts as a bridge allowing you to connect other audio equipment such as an older non-wifi hifi system to the Sonos system.

Here's the living room entertainment center. The two black boxes on each upper corner are the Play 5's. The Sub hides behind the TV.

IMG_1669.JPG

Last edited: