Electrical Some help with electrical wiring...console and dash

Bottomlesspit

I started the longest tech thread in the known uni
Founding Member
Jan 1, 1999
Del Rio, TX
Hi guys... Long time absent member here. A lot of life changes this past year has led me back to working on my son's old 92 GT hatch. I stopped about 6 years ago while having multiple back surgeries. I am picking back up on the wiring. I have most of it wrapped up but still a few things to figure out.
First, a plug under the center console. It is a flat, gray, 3 prong plug. It has wires: Lt blue/red stripe, 2 black, Lt blue/white stripe. I can't be sure where/ what this plug is used for. Something to the lighter maybe? I have the square power mirror switch plug taken care of.

Second, a plug behind the dash/radio area. There are the 2 fuse boxes...one black and one gray back there, and then there is this long, fairly flat , gray, 2-prong plug coming out of the same harness. It has wires: 2 red/lt green stripe wires on one blade and 2 solid green wires on the other blade. I can't find any matching plug for it. The previous owner (kid) had destroyed the wiring with alarms and sound system crud, so I have been chasing this for years. Almost there! He wrote letters on this plug but not sure what they are. They appear to be something like "BRK" or "clock" Something written on 3 sides of the plug...all look slightly different and smeared a bit.

Hope someone might be able to help out here. I have the car just about completely stripped and would like to finish up the wiring.
Thanks so much,
Ken

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks J. I have a 5 speed and the flat plug seems to be the plug to the cig lighter harness. The ones behind the dash are the biggest ????
I guess the 2 blocks, gray and black, are relays from what I know. The plug comes out of the same harness that goes to the two relays. Sort of a flat rectangle plug with to flat blades. 2 red/lt green wires to one and 2 solid green to the other blade.
I appreciate any and all help,
Thanks,
Ken

do you have photos of these plugs?

Reason I ask is because I have a 1992 EVTM and it would make it a little easier to have a visual of the plug as I search the EVTM.

Also, a fuse box behind the radio? That shouldn't be.

Hi Mike, long time since you have helped me. I miss my old surging 93 vert but going to make this 92 even better! Here are a couple of photos...not great but all I can get ATM. It's the smaller plug in the dash area....with 2 blades in it. Thanks for helping.
Ken

Attachments

• c1.JPG
    c1.JPG
    318.4 KB · Views: 95
  • c2.JPG
    c2.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 95
  • c3.JPG
    c3.JPG
    309.8 KB · Views: 89
  • c4.JPG
    c4.JPG
    310 KB · Views: 95
  • c5.JPG
    c5.JPG
    278.7 KB · Views: 90
Flat one is the cigar lighter and console illumination

The two prong plug with the red/light green wires is for the cruise control clutch switch. AOD cars will have a jumper here

Wow...thank you so much. I knew I could still count on you! I would not have figured this one out. The CC has never worked since we bought the car years ago. No wonder since this plug has been dangling under there all this time. Not sure if there is anything I can do about it now. I'm going out there now and take a good look around under the dash and see if I can find any hint of what you show in the above picture.
Thank you again.....lifesaver!!!!
Ken

Reactions: 1 user