Some new drawings for 3G Alternator installation

jrichker

StangNet's favorite TOOL
In Remembrance. Thank you for your contributions
Mar 10, 2000
Dublin GA
Some new drawings to help with 3G Alternator wiring installation.
Alternator side:
attachment.php

Starter solenoid side:
attachment.php

See Roland69's 3G writeup in the Useful Technical Thread Index sticky at the top of the form for the rest of the drawings...

• Sponsors (?)

Some new drawings to help with 3G Alternator wiring installation.
Alternator side:
attachment.php

Starter solenoid side:
attachment.php

See Roland69's 3G writeup in the Useful Technical Thread Index sticky at the top of the form for the rest of the drawings...

Awesome Write Up! Recently there was something similar on here, but they had a Yellow Wire hooked up on the Output Stud and I see that yours does not. I hate to ask this question, but why or whynot the Yellow Wire on the Output Stud along with the Power Cable?

The yellow wire is the voltage sense wire. The idea is that it looks at the voltage drop across the power leads and increases the output voltage slightly to compensate. That way, there is always optimum voltage at the power distribution point on the starter solenoid.

The yellow wire is the voltage sense wire. The idea is that it looks at the voltage drop across the power leads and increases the output voltage slightly to compensate. That way, there is always optimum voltage at the power distribution point on the starter solenoid.

In your Diagram I can see the Yellow Wire on the Solenoid, do you still need to make some sort of Jumper at the Alternator Side with the Yellow Wire?

In your Diagram I can see the Yellow Wire on the Solenoid, do you still need to make some sort of Jumper at the Alternator Side with the Yellow Wire?

Just leave the stock factory black/orange wires connected to the starter solenoid. Then you don't have to worry about any extra wiring.

A buddy had an old 3g in his garage that he gave me. i had it rebuilt with a self-exciteing regulator and ran a 4g wire with a 200a fuse from it to the solinoid, only having to run the one wire off the back of the alt. it cost me like an extra 20 for the SE regulator. did it like a month ago and no problems yet.