Some scary stuff I saw on TV this weekend.

• Sponsors (?)

IMO, the bible and all future predictions are a bunch of BS. People have said the world is coming close to an end for thousands of years. For some reason, people are still saying it today. Why? Because they believe everything they read or see on TV from so called "experts". No one has any idea, it's all just a bunch of crap. Some people just seriously need to lighten up and stop being so close minded. Everyone believes anything written in a book (bible) or something some jackass down at the grocery store told them.

I agree.

Our solar system is only about a billion years old. Thus... making our sun a billion years old. It's quite simple, Red Giants are billions and billions of years old and they aren't the ones that explode it's when they become white dwarfs. That's when a star explodes.

The issue was scorching the Earth by killing the atmosphere, not the Sun exploding.

You know what I think? IF (big gigantic 'IF') the atmosphere really lost it's ability to protect the Earth from the sun, it would take so long for it to happen that I'm sure we would find a way to fix it, live with it or stop it. When it comes down to life and death, we'll find a way.

Zero Signal said:
I agree.

The issue was scorching the Earth by killing the atmosphere, not the Sun exploding.

The atmosphere would be scorced when the sun is in its finial stages of dying b/c it will grow in mass therefore its destructive rays would eat away the atmosphere and the earth would be gone before the sun actually got around to exploding which will happen in time.

Maybe as a human race we will be lucky enough to be watching it from another galaxy.

MysteryMachine said:
yeah but again how do they really know how old the solar system is

Its an over all guess but knowing the speed of light and how long light from certin objects takes to get to us they can make a guess on how long things have been around for.

When it comes to space being a few hundred thousands of yrs off is still a pretty good guess.