Somebody else has a new(used) pony!

Rogue Cobra

Dec 26, 2003
Salem, Or.
Yup! I did it again. No, I did not sell the Vette.

I picked up a 1986 SVO today, Black with 140,000 miles. Leather and Turbo! She need some work, but over not bad shape.

I will try to make it to Landmark tomorrow.

ooops, posted 14k, should be 140k.... :D

Patrick

• Sponsors (?)

Nice! I really like the old SVOs. One day when my big plans come together, I'll have one in my garage, amongst my collection of 50 mustangs :D

The neat thing about them of course, is power comparable to a 302, without the boat anchor effect on the handling. Cant beat that. :nice:

The SVO's WERE the hotrods in those years...thus the 5 lug, better front end geometry (crawl under one and scope out the front lower arms! wow), and all the little goodies. They made the same HP number as the 5.0L (give or take a very little bit) and weighed a bit less. If you have ever lifted a 2.3L head, you know they are NOT light!

Should be a very fun car Patrick...and when your ready for more boost visit boostvalve.com and buy the $48 kit for the SVO and enjoy :nice:

i was impressed with the performance of ours when i drove it. its a dog until boost kicks and then it felt just as fast as my 5.0 at the time

handling is also much better, they are 5-lug, no radio from the factory, no power windows, ect. all to keep weight down, 10 gallon tank i believe for weight distribution too.

hopefully someday i get a chance to start on ours. :nice:

Rogue Cobra said:
Yup! I did it again. No, I did not sell the Vette.

I picked up a 1986 SVO today, Black with 140,000 miles. Leather and Turbo! She need some work, but over not bad shape.

I will try to make it to Landmark tomorrow.

ooops, posted 14k, should be 140k.... :D

Patrick

:scratch: You do own a digi-cam don't you.

Are you going to drive this on Wednesday? :D

Congratulations on your purchase. My room mate almost had one for $600 earlier this year. It had 64000 original miles, and needed a bit of paint work. The only major thing wrong with it was a blown head gasket, which was easily fixable, as the owner included a Mercur engine that he had ready to drop in. Unfortunately, the owner sold it out from under my friend. What year did you get? '86 I hope...dual exhaust, fastest of the bunch. How are the dampeners holding up? Are they original? Those cars come with adjustable Koni yellows.

Here she is:

108052.jpg

No, I am still taking the Vette Wednesday. :D

She need some attention, but is very sound.

Only Jeff from Ross Racing and Restoration will work on this car. :nice:

Thanks for the compliments! It is fun to drive, but the pedals are kind of close together. I guess I must have boats for feet. :D

Patrick

Rogue Cobra said:
Here she is:

108052.jpg

No, I am still taking the Vette Wednesday. :D

She need some attention, but is very sound.

Only Jeff from Ross Racing and Restoration will work on this car. :nice:

Thanks for the compliments! It is fun to drive, but the pedals are kind of close together. I guess I must have boats for feet. :D

Patrick
[size=+2]Wednesday!!! Wednesday!!! Wednesday!!![/size]

Hey Patrick. On the way home I stopped and picked up an AutoTrader. In the AutoTrader rack, there is a magazine called "Xtreme Mustang", or something like that. It looks like the AutoTrader publishes it. Anyway, they have an article that has a blurb on the SVOs. And the rest of the mag isn't bad either. It has the 10 fastest Mustangs and a few other things.

I'll try to remeber to put it in the car and bring it on Wednesday. I'd say it's worth the trip to 7-11.

03SHKR said:
Hey Patrick. On the way home I stopped and picked up an AutoTrader. In the AutoTrader rack, there is a magazine called "Xtreme Mustang", or something like that. It looks like the AutoTrader publishes it. Anyway, they have an article that has a blurb on the SVOs. And the rest of the mag isn't bad either. It has the 10 fastest Mustangs and a few other things.

I'll try to remeber to put it in the car and bring it on Wednesday. I'd say it's worth the trip to 7-11.

Cool, I will have to check it out.

I did swing by and see if that other car was still there and it was gone... Sorry. I will keep my eyes open for you.

Patrick

Nice car! :hail2: '86 was the best (and last) year for the SVO. I drove a friend's back in the day (1986), it scooted pretty good. Not sure you want to look down your nose at 302-powered cars - weight is about the same, and they've got power all over, not just on boost :) . But you should be just fine as long as there's a corner or two ahead. :nice:

Stop by FEP and say hi to the early Fox gang: http://www.foureyedpride.com/phpBB2/index.php?sid=39ccdf4336d3b76676b15c0749237311