****SOMEONE HELP ME FIX MY FUEL LINES****

Lawbreaker5.0

Feb 20, 2009
Texas
So i think i creeced the fuel lines somehow:doh: during the removal of them and storing them for a couple weeks. I'm in the middle of a 4 cyl to 5.0 conversion. Its prob hard to see it in the pic but the creece is on both lines where they turn from metal to plastic. Its right before it bends to come up into the engine bay.

0325002354.jpg

How should i go about fixing this? It looks like it could possibly been crimped on. I hope i don't need a whole other line.

Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

They are heat shrinked on. You can buy both the 3/8 and 5/16 repair kits from Advance Auto Parts or other autoparts store to repair them. I just bought the 5/16 for the return line on mine. I think the part was like 14 bucks each.

Alright, so the wierd thing is i went and bought some other parts today and the guy had the whole fuel line. I looked at his line and they were both crimped too? He told me that he was very careful taking it off, so whats up with that?

Now these things can be fixed with a heat gun? just buy the repair kit, cut the old one off and heat the other one on?

BUMP BUMP BUMP

I have a problem in the same area. Some stupid FK cut them off right near the metal hard lines and added about 150FT of rubber hose with clamps. UGH what a dork. Anyhew, I've seen the repair kits at auto zone at a glance...HOW DO YOU HEAT SHRINK FUEL LINES? Or what do I do?

I didn't have to fix the fuel line in the spot i metioned earlier. But i did have to heat shrink the part by the fuel filter. One of my buddys broke the clip going on to the filter (i believe) on the parts car. So when i went to put it on the my car I was like WTF!! anyway i just cut the plastic line off, grabbed the clip from the 4 cyl fuel line and heat shrink it on. I basically heated up the plastic with a heat gun ($15 at home depot) and until the plastic was hot and stretched it on. The first few tries i burned the plastic too much so as soon as you pushed it onto the metal part of the line it would shrivel up.

I'll have to mess with it I guess. My issue is mine has fuel in it. And I guess if I cut the plastic off of the metal with a razor blade and heat the new plastic their wont be any fuel involved really. Thanks for the help. I've been real fortunate not to have to repair any plastic before.