soo...

DcDisturbed947

Jun 2, 2003
here's the deal, my friend's got a 94 GT, 110,000+ miles on it, and I have an 03 V6. Now I know all you guys hate the V6s and stuff, but I was hoping we could get past the whole engine size thing for once and see if you can give me some true opinions here...
He has exhaust done, thats it...I only have exhaust and Intake. How close of a race would it be? Would it be just a waste of time for me to race him or could I keep up with him? Maybe could I beat him you think? I've been trying to take him to the track forever but he never wants to go, I'm pretty sure he'll beat me but I just want to see how well i can keep up, I've never gotten the chance to race an almost stock 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

DcDisturbed947 said:
I only have exhaust and Intake.

^^^^^^^ what the obove post said about what trans does each car have and do you mean you have a cold air kit or you changed the Intake on the car??. Your intake is what sits on the top of the motor, putting on a cold air kit is not considerd doing your intake. Plus putting on a cold air kit does nothing so dont expect any HP from it.

If he can drive and dosent spin like a MOFO and he has a 5 spd and you have an auto ( which most sixers are ) then consider yourself :owned:

BUT, if you have a 5 speed, it should come down to driver ability. The 95 does still have a slight advantage on you, as they are a mid-high 14 second car with a decent driver, but most run of the mill drivers run in the high 14's low 15's in them. I'd expect your car to be a mid-high 15 second car if its a 5 speed. Good luck...

The newer model v6 stangs I saw at the track were barely even able to break into the 15's, mostly running low to mid 16's. And even when my car was bone stock with an automatic i ran 15.2. So I think you are going to get used either way. I raced a 5 speed 01-03 v6 (not sure which year exactly) on the street one day with dual exhaust and I didnt even know we were racing until he jumped on it. He pulled about a car length off the line but as soon as I put my foot in it i reeled him in no sweat. And that was back when my car was stock. So you are at a serious disadvantage. Even though those new v6 stangs make around 200 hp they have NO WHERE near the amount of torque to hang with a 5.0. Good luck though let us know the outcome!

It will be a close race and will boil down to who the better driver is. You guy's all have to remember that the 95 could have things wrong with it that will make it even slower than it should be. LIke a dirty MAF and other things.

Transmissions will also make a big difference too....

With an attitiude like you have I wouldn't expect to get flamed. Good luck

What are you guys talking about!? Close race? :nonono:

I'll put 100$ on it that the 94 will OWN the 2003.
I have a 94 GT with over 150,000 on it and, as my car I know is far from fast, can easily beat the v6's. Maybe I have some kind of factory beast of an engine but I think you will get :owned: .

Unless he realllllly can't drive.

Ok I'll make the whole situation a little clearer...
We both have manuals. We both have brand new tires, I guess it'd help with the grip a little bit. And the whole intake thing is a Cold Air Intake that I have. It really doesn't give you anything, it sucks, but whatever, I have it.
We've both been driving stick for quite a long time, but neither of us are real racers. The ONLY advantage that I may have I think is that I've been to the track a few times, worked on my launch and all that good stuff, but he never has. Oh and for now until he fixes it actually, I do also have the advantage that his suspension is going to crap. It drives terrible right now (I've driven it) and it makes all these squeaking noises.
I don't think he'll totally whoop me, but I'm pretty sure he'll beat me. Got to accept the facts, he's got a bigger engine.
I'll see if I can get him out on the track one of these days and I'll reopen this thread to let u guys know what happened.

mystang94gt said:
You've been to the track already in your car? What kind of times did it run. Let us know your times! Then we'll see what kind of chance yuo have.

lol, I'm a little embarrassed to tell my times lol, but what the heck. The first time I went, it was in the middle of winter, like 50 something degrees outside, which probably helped a little, I got into the very high 15s, I was soooooooooo disappointed. That was months and months ago. Now a few weeks ago I went back, and yup, even MORE embarrassing. My first run, FREAKING 17 SOMETHING, lol, and the worse part is I raced a Camaro SS, the guy beat me by like 5 seoncds lol. Then I raced 3 more times and got it down to like a 16.1 I think. I have the slips I don't know if you guys want me to scan them. But yeah I could NOT get lower than that, and I was getting so frustrated, I was trying everything at the launch but could not break into the 15s.
You know what I need right, 2 more cylinders lol.
You think the 95 degree weather in south florida kinda doesn't help?
I hear all these guys saying a new V6 runs 15.5s stock, well thats a bunch of crap. They are not AS slow as some people think, but I think they're slower than the V6 guys think lol. Oh well

Yeah those are the kind of times i was expecting. So you are going to lose for sure unless your boy's car is really hurting right now. And yes 95 degree weather will kill your times for sure. But dont feel bad at all low 16's are good times for a stock v6.

mystang94gt said:
Yeah those are the kind of times i was expecting. So you are going to lose for sure unless your boy's car is really hurting right now. And yes 95 degree weather will kill your times for sure. But dont feel bad at all low 16's are good times for a stock v6.

Hey at least I stomped on a honda del sol (that god i would've killed myself if not) and on a matrix, twice! hehe

i'm not trying to make you feel bad at all. i would think you'd rather have some input on here and know what to expect than to talk trash to your friend and be completely humiliated. sorry if i made you feel bad though. that wasn't my purpose. and he's right...stangETTE :D

5.0stangette said:
i'm not trying to make you feel bad at all. i would think you'd rather have some input on here and know what to expect than to talk trash to your friend and be completely humiliated. sorry if i made you feel bad though. that wasn't my purpose. and he's right...stangETTE :D

yeah stangette, should've figured, sorry :)
Anyways, you don't make me feel bad its all cool, I'd only be mad if you were making those coments while you owned a honda or something hehe. I know 5.0s are quicker than my car. I was just asking around here u know, see if I could go expecting to have some kind of chance or whatever. Cuase of course if I ask this same questions on the V6 forum half of the kids over there will be like, oh you'll have by a car lenght blah blah blah.
I've never talked trash to him either, I respect his car a lot, just as he respects mine. It'd just be a bit of fun going out there and getting a few runs in thats all want, hopefully break the high 15s

well good luck, you never know. sometimes it's easier with an automatic because it takes no skill whatsoever lol i've beaten my boyfriend before due to the fact he skipped 2rd gear lol and his car is a good 2 seconds faster than mine zero to sixty so you never know, there are lots of variables. and i know what you mean about the honda's...what's up with that. i constantly have 100 hp DXs try and race me...i don't because i like to be conservative with gas when there's no point in even bothering...but WHY?