Soon To Be New Gt Owner

shesdno

Oct 7, 2016
In about eight hours I will pick up my first Mustang. It's a 2016 GT. I'm very excited but quite sad and nervous since I'm trading in my 2013 ST. It was my first brand new car and its purchase was reaffirming with every single mile. I love that car. So can anyone please rest my worries that I'm making the right decision? Specifically anyone coming from an ST? I know all the differences on paper but want the non-data realities of your driving experience in the GT v. the ST.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

I originally went to the dealer to test drive a Focus ST as I was really interested in the RS. Figured I'd test drive a GT PP while I was there. A mile down the road was all it took for me to fall in love with the stang haha. Granted I have no real seat time in the ST, it initially reminded me of my old '05 RSX-S...which was a great car, but I had always wanted more.

I think you'll end up enjoying the mustang as well. I've never been a huge fan of FWD and it's great having a manual transmission again. The stang is very capable and it has gotten me into autoX and wanting to start doing some road course days next year. If at any point you feel the car is lacking in certain areas, the aftermarket is insane for the stang. Matt Farrah's youtube vid of the mustang said it best really, the car starts out as a great foundation for you to custom tailor to what kind of driving you are into (drag, mountains, road course, etc).

At any rate, enjoy the mustang and the sudden desire to drive it every waking moment you have haha.

Remember, a new car is like a new girlfriend, you'll forget the old one. You'll probably like the new one better. Better look, better smell. Time heals all. Your lucky enough to be one of few that can afford a new car. Enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I felt the same as you. I traded a 2008 BMW M5 for my 2016 GT. All things being equal, the M5 was a much better car, but with no warranty, I was afraid to drive it. It was the first time I have ever traded a car I liked better than the one I was buying. The only problem now is that the vanity plate from the M5, which says "V10", doesn't really work on the GT.