Sooner Or Later, There's A Weak Link

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
15 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
285's...soft and sticky. What's gonna give next? Clutch maybe....

P1030043.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

My 315s haven't broken anything yet but I haven't tried to launch it at the track either. I think the t5 would puke itself before the clutch burnt up.

I ran the 245's a few years ago. Great tire for street driving, but unless you know how to work a suspension, don't expect a dead hook. That being said, I am sure they will add to the wear and tear on the rest of the drivetrain.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user
Those tires aren't likely to break an axle. Not sticky enough. If it does hook I'd say it's a race between clutch,t5,or u joint and then maybe an axle lol. I sheared the splines right off a set years ago. But that was with some slicks and 5000rpm clutch dump. Just a dead hook and a big "noise" ;)

Reactions: 2 users
That's a great question.. T5 or clutch. Hmmm...

Depends on how good the clutch is.

Multi-disk > SPEC3 > TKO > SPEC2 > T5 > DFCF > SPEC1 > OEM

My little graph assumes someone who can drive reasonably well. This is about where I place clutches and tranny in the durability lineup. We all know though, anyone can wreck any tranny with just about any clutch. :shrug:

I almost didn't mention the SPEC 3 at all because I'm not much of a fan. I lean more street driving than anything else. Still... It's a monster clutch and definitely rates in the durability department. You'll just have one big leg is all. :D

Even the drag radial version isn't breaking anything . Ask me how I know lol .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

I have these 555 Extreme ZR's on the LT1 Corvette. Absolutely zero traction problems at the track or on the street. Of course the vette weight distribution is more towards the rear than the stang but we shall see.

I'm scheduled for dyno pulls on Dec 14th.

Reactions: 1 users
I have these 555 Extreme ZR's on the LT1 Corvette. Absolutely zero traction problems at the track or on the street. Of course the vette weight distribution is more towards the rear than the stang but we shall see.

I'm scheduled for dyno pulls on Dec 14th.
I'll bet the vette don't make the torque down low like the fox does . Actually I know for a fact my step father has one I have driven many times . In my opinion it's a wet noodle compared to even a 302 blower fox

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

I'll bet the vette don't make the torque down low like the fox does . Actually I know for a fact my step father has one I have driven many times . In my opinion it's a wet noodle compared to even a 302 blower fox

LOL...I can tell you this. At 120 the vette feels very comfortable and relaxed. At that speed in the fox, feels like the doors are gonna fly off. Scary indeed. The vette is auto trans with stock converter and does 110 trap speed in the 1/4. After the blower install I feel like the fox can beat that. But getting off the line without wheel spin is where the vette shines and good areo dynamics at high speed. No doubt the fox now has better potential but without a very competent driver, it's way easier to be consistent at the top of the performance potential in the vette. Fox is a small car and it feels like it. Vette is small too but for some reason, feels bigger.

LOL...I can tell you this. At 120 the vette feels very comfortable and relaxed. At that speed in the fox, feels like the doors are gonna fly off. Scary indeed. The vette is auto trans with stock converter and does 110 trap speed in the 1/4. After the blower install I feel like the fox can beat that. But getting off the line without wheel spin is where the vette shines and good areo dynamics at high speed. No doubt the fox now has better potential but without a very competent driver, it's way easier to be consistent at the top of the performance potential in the vette. Fox is a small car and it feels like it. Vette is small too but for some reason, feels bigger.
Oh I agree feeling wise about being more stable . The c4 cars are nice just not my cup of tea . We have a 64 in the garage too which is my favorite as far as vettes go