Sooooo just curious on your guys opinion

Crummyera

Apr 3, 2020
Texas
So. Cara been sitting in my front driveway for a couple days, not being driven. I look out the window and see a squirrel crawl from under my car near my engine. Go to pop the hood and there’s a squirrel nest on top on my coil packs. Chewed up only 1 coil and the wires connecting it and the pink pigtail to the side. I bought a new coil and am going to fix that one. But I couldn’t find the pink connector at autozone. Am I going to have to buy a new wire harness for the entire thing? What is the pink connector called and used for?

Attachments

• 19EA0A88-1B25-4BA4-AF09-49856210A75C.jpeg
    19EA0A88-1B25-4BA4-AF09-49856210A75C.jpeg
    481.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Sponsors (?)

So. Cara been sitting in my front driveway for a couple days, not being driven. I look out the window and see a squirrel crawl from under my car near my engine. Go to pop the hood and there’s a squirrel nest on top on my coil packs. Chewed up only 1 coil and the wires connecting it and the pink pigtail to the side. I bought a new coil and am going to fix that one. But I couldn’t find the pink connector at autozone. Am I going to have to buy a new wire harness for the entire thing? What is the pink connector called and used for?
That's a fuel injector. It looks like your friend chewed up the wire and plug that controls that injector. Just unbundle your harness and get a new pigtail from Auto Zone or the like. Time for a little lead injection needed for your squirrels.

Try RockAuto. I have found several repair pigtails there.

Also try searching car-part for salvage yards in your area. Many salvage yards will sell the entire motor harness for a very reasonable price.

Also note that a usable wiring harness doesn't have to come from a Mustang. A 2001+ Panther (Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, or Town Car) will use the same COP and fuel injector connectors. There are others. Take an example connector with you to the salvage yard.

Last edited: