Southern Snow

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
15 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
Anyone else in the south east get to experience snow this weekend? It's kind of a rarity for us.

@madmike1157 @revhead347

Joe

Attachments

• 20171209_073707.jpg
    20171209_073707.jpg
    592.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 20171209_081541.jpg
    20171209_081541.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 225
  • 20171209_081741.jpg
    20171209_081741.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Yeah we got about 4-5". Dealership closed at 11am.
Lost power at my house from 11:30am-4:00 pm..
20171208_075347.jpg
( this was at 7 am When I got up)

When I got it back, I was so happy, I started drinking.
Drunk by 7,
in bed by 9,
back out at 11, ( puking)

Yeah.......big fun...I love snow.

Reactions: 3 users
Welcome to my world, between the snow and salt on the streets that's why the Mustang sits for 4 to 5 months of the year. Don't even try to drive it, especially a manual. you won't get out of the driveway.

Last edited:
Got about 4" here in southern CT. so far.
It's funny to hear 4-5" closed dealerships and brought down power, but
understandable given certain states aren't equipped to deal with it.
This unfortunately is considered just a dusting for us.

Oh it was a blast. Got at least 8", probably more honestly. I have a dozen pine trees that look like telephone poles now. I'll be cutting up branches and burning them for at least another year. Thankfully they had the power back up by mid afternoon. Hard to explain to a 3 year old that I can't warm up his milk, and I can't make toast. He's running around yelling "Get new batteries for the microwave."

We do not get any county road service in my neighborhood, so the neighborhood got busy this morning shoveling the street out so the sun could dry the surface before the refreeze tonight. I had the only working chainsaw and cut all the fallen limbs out of the road. Also got my neighbors driveway dug out and limb free. He is 70 and had to get to the hospital because his wife is in heart surgery.

Not sure what my driveway will be ok in the morning. The snow melting off the roof drains across the driveway, so I might be pulling out of the garage onto a solid sheet of ice when I leave for work at 5am tomorrow. I thought I had some road salt, but I don't.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user
Got about 4" here in southern CT. so far.
It's funny to hear 4-5" closed dealerships and brought down power, but
understandable given certain states aren't equipped to deal with it.
This unfortunately is considered just a dusting for us.

They just don't have the equipment to deal with it in masse. Up on the northeast, every contractor has a plow. We can get 24" and be dug out in a day. A snowblower is an invaluable tool.

Looks like we got about 4" too up in MA. I just got new tires on the Taurus and was testing them out tonight while it was quiet on the roads.

IMG_4952.JPG

Oh it was a blast. Got at least 8", probably more honestly. I have a dozen pine trees that look like telephone poles now. I'll be cutting up branches and burning them for at least another year. Thankfully they had the power back up by mid afternoon. Hard to explain to a 3 year old that I can't warm up his milk, and I can't make toast. He's running around yelling "Get new batteries for the microwave."

We do not get any county road service in my neighborhood, so the neighborhood got busy this morning shoveling the street out so the sun could dry the surface before the refreeze tonight. I had the only working chainsaw and cut all the fallen limbs out of the road. Also got my neighbors driveway dug out and limb free. He is 70 and had to get to the hospital because his wife is in heart surgery.

Not sure what my driveway will be ok in the morning. The snow melting off the roof drains across the driveway, so I might be pulling out of the garage onto a solid sheet of ice when I leave for work at 5am tomorrow. I thought I had some road salt, but I don't.

Kurt
New batteries for the microwave......lol that is hilarious!
Glad you got power back.

Up here the state was spraying calcium chloride on the highways Friday.
Although great for melting snow that :poo: is horrible for cars, might as well spray
battery acid on the roads. Makes the salt they used to use look like baby powder.

I'm gonna get up in the morning and enjoy a cup of coffee on my patio, I will have to put a jacket on. The neighbors hate it when I sit out there nekid
Now where did I put those batteries for the coffee maker :thinking:

Reactions: 1 users
Spending the weekend at work here. I wasn't even going to attempt to drive home to come back to work tonight knowing most people here don't know how to handle the weather. I won't be leaving the hospital until Monday morning....
Luckily there are a bunch of empty rooms since they've built the new tower across the street. I have my own private room in one of the old wings - better than curling up on a concrete floor!!

Anyway, here are a few pics of what it looked like outside Emory University Hospital.....

This one was taken right after they opened the tower and I had a patient to test in the beginning of October.....

22220005_10212474887920144_3481718859015776754_o.jpg

Here is roughly the same view this morning.....

24862492_10212966714215494_771122825381908229_n.jpg

Another shot outside the main building's cafeteria this morning....

24899806_10212966714615504_4578292378669361903_n.jpg

Brings hints of memories from back home..... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users