Spare tire sub woofer. has anyone heard...

68converted

Nov 19, 2003
Colorado
Has anyone heard the Custom Autojunk spare tire sub woofer in action. I want to have a better sound in my convertable but I dont want to deal with a sub box in the trunk. How has anyone else done their convertables with a good sound system. I am new to the convert. thing I always had a coupe 67&68 or FB 67.

• Sponsors (?)

You're gonna need one hell of a thumper to hear it from the trunk in your vert, particularly with the top down. That is not only due to wind noise but with the top down you've got ~10 layers of folded fabric and vinyl in between you and the woofer muffling the sound. I am debating even putting a stereo in my vert, even with the top up they are noisy from poor insulation, not to mention my longtubes, 2.5 inch exhaust, and magnaflows :D

I was thinking about that too. Lots of noise, but I have a couple of friends with cont stangs 91,86. and they have killer systems. I backed up my kick panel speakers with moldable sound mat from Best buy. They sound great. I want to put a set of tweeters in the original speaker spot and then maybe just put some high quality 6x9's in the rear arm quarters with the same sound mat backing it up.

I took out the ashtrays to make room, but will most likely just get new quarter trim pieces and cut new speaker holes without ashtrays.