Spark Plug Gap with cams

• Sponsors (?)

For N/A applications, stick with 0.054"

If you upgrade the ignition with high performance coils, then you can try increasing gap until you expierence misfire.

I've never heard of opening the gap based on HP levels. Without ignition upgrade, you'd get misfiring.

The GTI has a turbo right? Different rules apply there with forced induction. For N/A though, gap stays same. If anything, you want to increase it to expose more spark to the air/fuel mixture.

Correct, towards the intake

You can try closing up slightly

Technically the range is 0.052" - 0.056", so try setting them to 0.052" and see if it makes a difference and you would technically still be in spec

Do you really think it matters that much? I've probably got 70,000 miles on my plugs, so the gap has probably openned to .07-something just from use. The car still runs fine and doesn't miss. In fact, it still makes great power and I made some of my best 1/4 miles times on these 'old' plugs.

If you run a power adder, close the gap. Otherwise, anything near stock will work just fine. A wider gap is better, so don't close it unless you get a miss at WOT. This isn't rocket science. Long as you don't have a miss, it doesn't really matter what the plug gap is.

The larger the gap, the longer the spark, the more contact with a molecule is micro bits of all that gap. I would extend the gap wider and I am sure the stock coil can jump a spark especially when the gap is all messed up is a spark hunting for a sharp edge. So, with 70K on a set of plugs as mentioned, I think the wider gap can take some gap at the plug is max the gap as wide as a 70,000 mile plug = Just to be safe.

And Indexing is like the same gap in the same spark is the same-same is a waste of time is just a smoother fire if you want all things equal. I doubt you made any HP is the same fuel and air entered the chamber and how can you increase HP if you can cook more fuel is make more pressure over the piston dome.
So, you have carbon build up on the threads is they have to spin out to line up? You want carbon to fire off before the spark? Save your head and forget it is, Justmy2Cents is.

Edit: I just thought of a slight loss of compression as the plug moves out of the chamber. So, there is HP loss is you can go index is see you at the end of the 1320 is gonna pay me late tear, is don't come crying to me is warned chews.

The larger the gap, the longer the spark, the more contact with a molecule is micro bits of all that gap. I would extend the gap wider and I am sure the stock coil can jump a spark especially when the gap is all messed up is a spark hunting for a sharp edge. So, with 70K on a set of plugs as mentioned, I think the wider gap can take some gap at the plug is max the gap as wide as a 70,000 mile plug = Just to be safe.

And Indexing is like the same gap in the same spark is the same-same is a waste of time is just a smoother fire if you want all things equal. I doubt you made any HP is the same fuel and air entered the chamber and how can you increase HP if you can cook more fuel is make more pressure over the piston dome.
So, you have carbon build up on the threads is they have to spin out to line up? You want carbon to fire off before the spark? Save your head and forget it is, Justmy2Cents is.

Edit: I just thought of a slight loss of compression as the plug moves out of the chamber. So, there is HP loss is you can go index is see you at the end of the 1320 is gonna pay me late tear, is don't come crying to me is warned chews.

WTF did you just say? I can't understand a single sentence in that statement. am i really that hungover?:lol:

You aRE kidding me, right? You draw the cc down moving the threads out of a chamber.
You made no HP if the BTU is set to burn so hot and the spark gap did not make any difference no matter what angle is the compression and spark is gonna blow some power if you index your finger up is your rear end is did that stop the farting around your french tip?

You aRE kidding me, right? You draw the cc down moving the threads out of a chamber.
You made no HP if the BTU is set to burn so hot and the spark gap did not make any difference no matter what angle is the compression and spark is gonna blow some power if you index your finger up is your rear end is did that stop the farting around your french tip?

Dude I don't know who you are, or who your pretending to be, but do me a favor and cut the crap. Convenient how you joined 2 days ago.