spark plug gapping on trick flow heads

1992mustangLX

Jun 13, 2007
i bought the trick flow top end kit with the twiated wedge heads and wanted to know what to gap the plugs at when installing them. I bought the ngk fr5 that are recommended for the heads. Thanks and appreciate the help!

• Sponsors (?)

i bought the trick flow top end kit with the twiated wedge heads and wanted to know what to gap the plugs at when installing them. I bought the ngk fr5 that are recommended for the heads. Thanks and appreciate the help!

There was a list of diff plugs. I went with the autolite 3924's because others suggested them. Anyway, a plug is a plug. I kept them at the gap they came with. it was .34. I checked them all regardless to make sure they were the same. Some people change the gaps but I have been having zero issues. I too will check back to see what others are running.

thanks for your input and sorry for the late reply. Ya i got the plugs and they are gapped at .35 ..im wondering if should keep them all at that or does anybody else have any other opinions?thanks

Widen the gap too as much as your ignition can spark it...N/A.

.045 would be a good starting point:)

.035 is for boosted/nitroused cars with extra 'compression' that could blow the spark out...

In short, N/A at .035 you could be leaving a bit of power on the table...

Widen the gap too as much as your ignition can spark it...N/A.

.045 would be a good starting point:)

.035 is for boosted/nitroused cars with extra 'compression' that could blow the spark out...

In short, N/A at .035 you could be leaving a bit of power on the table...

good info. So I should pull my plugs and gap them to .45? Im running 18 degrees of timing. this .45 gap wont give me detonation will it? What will I gain

good info. So I should pull my plugs and gap them to .45? Im running 18 degrees of timing. this .45 gap wont give me detonation will it? What will I gain

I know it is kind of a pain and time consuming, but regapping your plugs wider would be more ideal.

There is no set gain, but I imagine you could see a few hp/tq across the board, and then again you may see nothing, but it is the 'potential' of leaving power on the board.

There is just no reason to keep them closed that much if your ignition can handle the extra gap and 'jump' the spark...

You will now if you gap it too far because you will get a miss more than likely...

If you are ever bored, give it a shot:nice:

I know it is kind of a pain and time consuming, but regapping your plugs wider would be more ideal.

There is no set gain, but I imagine you could see a few hp/tq across the board, and then again you may see nothing, but it is the 'potential' of leaving power on the board.

There is just no reason to keep them closed that much if your ignition can handle the extra gap and 'jump' the spark...

You will now if you gap it too far because you will get a miss more than likely...

If you are ever bored, give it a shot:nice:

Thanks bro