Fox Spark plug recommendations?

Finally getting ready to do this H/C/I job on the Grey Mare and I'm trying to get the right plugs for these P heads; I know eventually I'm going to supercharge her so what would everyone run in her now and when I eventually put the adder on?

• Sponsors (?)

I have one of the last sets of American Autolites in my car right now. I kind of stock piled them at one point because you go through a lot of plugs on nitrous. Now that the Autolites are made in China, I'd actually go to the NGKs.

Kurt

I remember back when Splitfires were the newest big thing, I went into our local speed shop (we still had one) and was shooting the breeze with the owner who told me it was a gimmick and all the benefits could be had with NGK V power plugs that were less expensive. I've used NGK ever since.

Reactions: 3 users
I remember back when Splitfires were the newest big thing, I went into our local speed shop (we still had one) and was shooting the breeze with the owner who told me it was a gimmick and all the benefits could be had with NGK V power plugs that were less expensive. I've used NGK ever since.

The V-power is a gimmick too. There's nothing wrong with it, NGK makes a quality part which is what really matters, but it's the same as the splitfire, there will always be one spark traveling the path of least resistance.

Kurt

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
The V-power is a gimmick too. There's nothing wrong with it, NGK makes a quality part which is what really matters, but it's the same as the splitfire, there will always be one spark traveling the path of least resistance.

Kurt
That was his point. Splitfire was charging extra for a split ground electrode and NGK was charging regular price for a V in the center electrode that would accomplish the same thing using Splitfire's logic. The difference was that NGK was already a good plug and they're what he recommended.

Reactions: 1 user
That was his point. Splitfire was charging extra for a split ground electrode and NGK was charging regular price for a V in the center electrode that would accomplish the same thing using Splitfire's logic. The difference was that NGK was already a good plug and they're what he recommended.

Now the new thing is that "E3" or whatever they call it. Some :poo: made in China they marked up 600% over a regular plug. I actually bought one for a chainsaw because I couldn't find another brand locally. Damn thing wouldn't even screw into the chainsaw. I finally put a vernier to it, and the fricken plug wasn't even remotely round. NGK can put whatever groove they want where ever. Bottom line is they make good plugs.

Kurt

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user