Speakers rattle w/ exhaust

01GTPony

Jun 29, 2004
San Diego, CA
I just installed a prochamber and magnaflow catback in my 01. My only complaint is that the speakers above the back seat rattle from the deep exhaust note. I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem and if there are any solutions for it.

Also, what does an exhaust leak sound like and is there anything visually you can see if you have one?

• Sponsors (?)

The little plastic knob on my e-brake vibrates/rattles LOUDLY when I approach 1900-2300rpm from my exhaust. (o/r X, flows). It's soo freaking annoying, and its embarassing when I have other people in the car. I have no idea how to get rid of my problem.

My speakers don't rattle from the exhaust. My advice to you is to get some dynomat insulation for the door panels, that should cure your problem.

I agree dynamat around the speakers will help, maybe on the floor boards and under the seat if you have some extra cash and you dont want the exhaust to sound as loud on the inside of the car. I dynamated my doors, floorboard, under rear seat, and entire trunk and although I can still hear my exhaust from inside the car (its a vert) its not nearly as loud as it used to be.