spec vs. Centerforce

• Sponsors (?)

I only had two Specs and hated it. I dont know what version it was though so its not like it helps you much. It was on one of my Cobras. I had a DFX on my 03 Terminator Coupe and loved it! Just a great pedal and wonderful bite. That car was 450 at the wheels and driven hard all the time. Many WOT runs to redline in 5th and that clutch nefer gave up and was always easy to modulate. Had the Centerforce II in my 96 and it too was spectacular and just right. Had anothe DFX in my 97 Cobra and that was a joy on grip but was more clutch then that car needed so sometimes it would chatter when lugging it in 3rd. I had a lightened flywheel too though and dont think it was very true... a little out of balence.
Had a II in my 2000GT as well and it was great. My 92 Gt came with a Spec and again I dont know what model. It chattered and the car jerked in low gears and it slipped a few times in 4th gear.

I went with centerforce after searching.
It puts my girlfriend in the backseat when the time is due.

I actually have a used dual frictin clutch disk for sale, only about 20 runs on it.
Upgraded to a TKO so the splines didn't fit.

PM for details if you wish

i had a spec 3 in my 5.0 hated it chattered and had a heavy pedal. Now on this 01 gt i just got i swear it has another stupid fing spec clutch it engages like **** there really is no slip i just know when i unbolt the trans one day to swap it out there will be a big blue spec stage 3 in there. Great clutches for racing IMO not street driving. My favorite clutch of all time is my mcleod dual disc clutch 700hp in my fox at the wheels and the clutch feels like a stock focus.
I wouldn't ever put another spec clutch on anything i own. I have been looking at the ford racing clutch i figure that one should be good but i dunno