Speed Control Switch bypass - WOT Box install

So, a little backstory on what's going on. I installed my WOT box this weekend, pretty easily. I ran into an issue because I have an aftermarket steering wheel, therefore my cruise control switch was removed, so I had nowhere to route the green WOT box wire for the clutch. I was going to run it to the clutch safety switch, but I read on a forum that none of those wires are hot. Went up under the dash and saw the connector that is pictured below and connected to the clutch pedal assembly, so figured I'd give it a shot and see if that green wire would by chance work like the switch that was removed from my car. Anyways, I screwed up and ended up breaking the green wire in half that is on the switch this connector plugs into. There is still enough wire left on the switch to reconnect the wire. I connected the WOT box wire, and was super excited that it worked. Problem is, I reconnected the other half of the green wire and the car will not start. I tried taking the wot box wire off, just in case it was interfering and the car still didn't start.

So now this leaves me with several issues:

1. I have seen this module labeled as "Speed control switch", "Clutch Switch", and "Cruise Control Deactivation Switch". I am hardly able to find any information on it, let alone a wiring diagram.

2. Whatever it is, can it be bypassed in order to start the car?

1651470861966.png

• Sponsors (?)

What year is that car? My answer may change slightly depending on year/model

It is a cruise control deactivation switch, and it normally closed. If you were to depress the plunger, the switch opens and would disable the CC. So if the wires are broken, you just need to splice them together (or repair the switch) and verify the switch is functional by using a DMM to test it. Touch each one of the leads and with the switch not depressed, you should have continuity. With the switch depressed, you should lose it.

Here's one for a 99-04, but you didn't say what year model so this may not apply.

What year is that car? My answer may change slightly depending on year/model

It is a cruise control deactivation switch, and it normally closed. If you were to depress the plunger, the switch opens and would disable the CC. So if the wires are broken, you just need to splice them together (or repair the switch) and verify the switch is functional by using a DMM to test it. Touch each one of the leads and with the switch not depressed, you should have continuity. With the switch depressed, you should lose it.

Here's one for a 99-04, but you didn't say what year model so this may not apply.

Thanks for the reply!

My car is a 1997 GT. So to clarify, the wire that I attempted to splice the WOT box wire into that broke is actually the green wire that comes off of the other end of the connector that plugs into this switch. This switch and its two black wires and grey connector are perfectly fine. The problem is that I reconnected the split wire, and it is still not starting. I confirmed that the green wire coming out of the connector is still hot because the WOT box was blinking when I pressed those pedals.

I basically have three ideas as to what the issue could be:
  1. When the green wire broke, it broke in another spot somewhere in the dash hence why power is not making it to the ignition switch
  2. The green wire came undone from the force of the first break and just needs to be reconnected (Where does it even go?)

Either way, this seems like a pretty useless safety feature. Anyway I can bypass it and never look at these wires again?