I've gotta change out my speedo cable on my 87GT, never done it before. I was wondering if anyone in here has and if it's going to be a big pain in the ass or anything. Also my Tach is spinning around all crazy and stuff, sometimes it doesn't even move, haven't messed with it either, anyone had that problem? I plan on getting an autometer, but in the mean time, it's more annoying than anything.
Best way to kill a weekend
. you're going to have to unclip it from the speedo sensor on the tranny first and then pull it through the dash because if you try it the opposite way, the plug that goes into the cluster is way too big. the only PITA about this is trying to find the hole in the fireway again when u put the new one in. oh you, unscrew the bracket in the engine bay down in the inner driver's side fender because it holds the speedo cable away from the headers or anything else.