Speedo Gear??

SnakeBite98

Jul 11, 2003
Poway, CA
hey guys, im finally getting some 4.10's installed on monday at JBA and i was wondering if the 23 tooth speedo gear is what i need to correct the speedometer? Thats what the salesman said but i thought i needed the speedcal from dallas mustang. anyone know?

• Sponsors (?)

SnakeBite98 said:
hey guys, im finally getting some 4.10's installed on monday at JBA and i was wondering if the 23 tooth speedo gear is what i need to correct the speedometer? Thats what the salesman said but i thought i needed the speedcal from dallas mustang. anyone know?

23 tooth speedo girl will fix your speedo, thats what I have with no problems. It is simple to install, but if they are installing your gears just have them slip the thing in your trans because I don't know about you but its winter time here and I hte even having to put gas in my car outside!!! hehe...see ya :flag:

Nate14120 said:
Hey, i've a 97 cobra, wondering what tooth gear i need for 4.30's?

You will need to go with the speedcal if you want it close to accurate. I ran the 23 tooth speedo gear in my 96 with 4.30s and it was reading 5mph too fast by 45mph, I don't know how more inaccurate it got at the higher speeds. Also the speedo gear will get worn down very quickly in a matter of just months. I went with the speedcal and it is dead on accurate :nice: