speedometer cable

cc9jb

Mar 24, 2010
just got a speedo cable for my 88 mustang lx 5.0 the old one was broken, looked like the line was twisted about half way up, and almost looked like it might have been snapped off at the gear. my problem is that the new cable i have the spring/wire that spins is sticking out about 2 inches from the end of the cable so im not able to put the gear on the new one. does it have to be cut down? wrong part? doing something wrong? and there was no speed sensor attched to the one i took off, i have one and it almost looks like it might work if i run it through that and then connect the gear to the end of the sensor

• Sponsors (?)

could be wrong

ive got an 83 with the 4 speed and sometimes they are a real pain to put in can you see the seal sticking out or are you hitting something when trying to install it. if you are hitting something its the wrong size. if it goes in and it sticks out a lil bit it just needs pushed in farther. it sucks i went through the same. sometimes you have to really force them in yet still being gentle.