spider web and dog bones any problems?

this is my first time assembling a roller motor. I put the roller lifters in, put the dogbones into the spider, Up facing up, and set it down, bolted it and it looks good.

I'm wondering if there is any adjustment or bending recommended? my dogbones dont sit flush against lifter bores, what I mean is the spider web seems to lift them up just a little be.

These things move around and slide all over the place? How is it one of these dogbones doesn't get wedged on top of the lifter during operation?

It just seems like a stupid design that's not very accurate, am I not seeing something here?

Why couldn't ford have attached the dogbones directly to the spider web and made this one entire piece?

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry if i'm misunderstanding this "I put the roller lifters in, put the dogbones into the spider, Up facing up, and set it down, bolted it and it looks good". The dogbones don't get put into the spider. Lifters all go in,then all the dogbones get set onto the lifters with nipples up and then the spider gets bolted down with each "leg" of the spider pushing down on top of the dogbones. Hope that made sense.

Well that makes a lot more sense, thanks for letting me know, I could have had some problems. I didn't take the motor apart so I had no idea.

I put the dogbones in the middle of the spider, I knew it didn't seem right. Thanks!

stroked8e5 said:
Sorry if i'm misunderstanding this "I put the roller lifters in, put the dogbones into the spider, Up facing up, and set it down, bolted it and it looks good". The dogbones don't get put into the spider. Lifters all go in,then all the dogbones get set onto the lifters with nipples up and then the spider gets bolted down with each "leg" of the spider pushing down on top of the dogbones. Hope that made sense.

+1

Yup, it sounds like he is trying to attach them somehow with his description. They just lay down under like stroked8e5 said.

I had the dogbones in between where the spider web curves around. I took them out and set them in between the lifters first then set the spider web down on top the way it's supposed to be. Thanks again for pointing that out, I can only imagine how much damage and trouble I would have gone through had I left it the other way.