spiders and bugs and webs OH MY......

mustangman70

Founding Member
Dec 30, 2001
St pete, Florida
Allright so in the last two months the stang has sat...it has become a bug motel :(

I had a TON of webs hanging from the car to the ground when i moved it from the front driveway to the back yesterday....and this morning, they were all back haha....and inside the trunck there was a HUGE ass fricking web :bang:

Upon pulling back the carpet in the rear i found 2 spiders, a roach and a big ass ant looking thing... needless to say i just walked outside to take the trash out...the webs are hanging to the ground again lol

has anyone ever bug bombed the car>? Is this a bad thing to do? because i will be working inside it again in the next couple of days...i havent done it yet but im bout to....because i dont do spiders:nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

:lol: had the same thing happend to me but i olny left it out for 2 years lol
Give her a quick wash on the out side and open the doors they will all be gone. make sure you get the underside.
dont spray bug spray it just kills them in there then you have dead bugs everywere.

I used to have this 1975 Buick LeSabre. Huge car. It sat parked once from Feb-May. I started it up and was driving it along ok this one day and turned the air on when bees started shooting out the AC vent. into the car. Apparantly, a bunch of yellow jackets had taken up a nest in the car and got in the duct work somehow. We pulled over and bailed out as if somebody had tossed a live granade into the car.

jerry S said:
I used to have this 1975 Buick LeSabre. Huge car. It sat parked once from Feb-May. I started it up and was driving it along ok this one day and turned the air on when bees started shooting out the AC vent. into the car. Apparantly, a bunch of yellow jackets had taken up a nest in the car and got in the duct work somehow. We pulled over and bailed out as if somebody had tossed a live granade into the car.

HAHAHA WOW I had the same thing happend to me... It was in my friends
1968 coronet 500
People stop bye us and asked are you guys ok. then soon after they saw the bee's they took off. we had to walk about 2 miles to a hardware store to bye some wasp killer then walk back. we allmost killed our selfs that day from the posin wasp killer lol.

ohh and make sure you use a power washer. easy and fast give the inside a little mist too.

Max Power said:
LOL, you could just drive the car more. Hard to build a web on something that's moving. ;)

You would think so but my experience is otherwise. I had this spider who made a web stretching from my driver's side mirror to a wall in my driveway. I loaded the car and proceeded to drive from Amsterdam to Milan, a distance of 715 miles, much of which was through Germany where I averaged about 120 mph. The spider clung to the mirror with all his might for the duration of the trip (12+ hours because of accidents and construction and what not). When we got to ITaly, he immediately got busy with the new web. It was up and running by the next morning.

spiders

Just got back from two weeks vacation. In my absence three black widows set up shop in my garage. Not in some corner but right where I walk! As I worked on the car after that every little tickle or itch felt like a spider crawling on me.

Brad

Must be a Florida thing! Same happened on my coupe this summer. Black widow Spiders and wasps set up housekeeping in the fenderwells, in the bumpers, and under the car. :jaw:

I threw on the car cover, rolled down the windows, and Raid-bombed the car from underneath. That seemed to kill everything. I found a half dozen webs with BIG widow eggsacks when I puled the fenders off. Just for good measure I used the garden insecticide sprayer to hose the underside of the car.