Sportbikes

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
Who's got one, what do you have and how do you like it ? If you have pics post them up. Ive always wanted a bike even before I likes Mustangs but I just never got around to getting one. Well now w/ a few raises I have gotten and the Mustang being paid off Im thinking that its time for a bike. Id want something thats a 600 b/c that would suit me best b/c of insurance and I dont need anything bigger then a 600 size wise anyway. Id be happy w/ either a CBR Honda, ZX-6 Kawasaki, or an Yamaha R6 or YZF. Im thinking of getting a personal loan for about $5,000 and going from there. There are lots of people I work w/ that have bikes so finding people ride w/ would not be a prob so those of you that do have them hows the fun factor and are they worth having?

• Sponsors (?)

i had a monster 600 duc and my roomate at the time had a monster 900. i liked them both, cept for the damn desmo adjustments. i want another really bad and now that i understand mechanics alot more i can save the 300 bones a year on the damn valve adjustment.

fiveo'cobra said:
I used to have an R6, lowered with a yoshi pipe and extended swing arm. Not too fast a bike, but still plenty quick. It's a great beginner bike and great bang for the buck.

Id really like to get an R6. I see alot of nice bikes for sale in this area. I love the looks/color of the R6 ( blue one ) Friend of mine just picked up an R6 last week. I think a 600 would be a good starter bike and I dont want to go much bigger anyway b/c Id have trouble touching the ground..lol. Im 5'7 and I was on my dads 1000 Ninja and I had a hard w/ the reach.

Travis...Any of the newer 600's rip....Matter of fact I think they stopped making 750's...1000 and 1100 is the next step up from the 600's in sportbikes...so that say's something about the power these 600s are making..
This bike is my Son's roomates bike, and his first bike too...05 600RR...We put a slip-on (pipe) on it(needed a tad more noise) and did a fender eliminator for the plate...For a first bike its sweet...got more than enuf sack, and the pipe sounds badass....I was amazed at how it pulled for a 600...and Iv'e had my share of 1100/750/900 sportbikes...
For your size it'll be a good fit...and the chicks dig em to boot... :nice:
He got this at Rochester Motorsports on Rte 11...Guys got ton of bikes and carries Ya/Su/Ka/Ho, so you get to look at em all...He financed thru Honda for like 168.00 a month...not bad for a brand new bike..
This is all Black with no graphics....stealth look.. :D

The Honda's got a nice look to em....

600rr_1.jpg

600rr.jpg

Thanks Andy. Thats a sweet bike as well. I just went to look at an R6 that is right here in town its an 2000 w/ 11,000 on it and the bike has been down before but eveything has been replaced. Hes asking $5,000 but I know he'll take less. Im waiting to hear back from the bank about a loan so hopefully that goes through ok. I know I can get newer bikes for the same price or even less and ones that have not kissed the pavement but the thing is it an R6 ( my favorite model) and its Yamaha Blue :drool: . Its exactly what I would and do want.

I'm 32 now but back when I was 21 I had a 94 GSXR 600 that got stolen a month after I got it an then I got a 94 ZX7 which was bad azz....I used to work at Big Red Kawasaki in N.J. and hooked that bike up with everything from a carbon fiber pipe to a vance&hines ignition.Sportbikes are awesome man nothin like rippin a wheelie for 4 or 5 blocks at 85mps.The only problem is when maniacs like us get behind the handle bars we do crazy stuff like endo's and zippin down the highway at 150mph and that's the kind of stuff that gets people killed.I dont know maybe it's my old age talkin but when I was younger I had no fear.Now those thing's make me nervous as hell even though I never fell or had a close call.I guess it's just part of gettin old :shrug:

BDAWK2002 said:
I'm 32 now but back when I was 21 I had a 94 GSXR 600 that got stolen a month after I got it an then I got a 94 ZX7 which was bad azz....I used to work at Big Red Kawasaki in N.J. and hooked that bike up with everything from a carbon fiber pipe to a vance&hines ignition.Sportbikes are awesome man nothin like rippin a wheelie for 4 or 5 blocks at 85mps.The only problem is when maniacs like us get behind the handle bars we do crazy stuff like endo's and zippin down the highway at 150mph and that's the kind of stuff that gets people killed.I dont know maybe it's my old age talkin but when I was younger I had no fear.Now those thing's make me nervous as hell even though I never fell or had a close call.I guess it's just part of gettin old :shrug:

I know exactly what you mean I think thats why Im more ready for a bike now then I was when I first started to get into them back in my teenage yrs. I'll be 28 in a week so the maturity factor has become a big factor in getting one now.

Striped5.0 said:
Thanks Andy. Thats a sweet bike as well. I just went to look at an R6 that is right here in town its an 2000 w/ 11,000 on it and the bike has been down before but eveything has been replaced. Hes asking $5,000 but I know he'll take less. Im waiting to hear back from the bank about a loan so hopefully that goes through ok. I know I can get newer bikes for the same price or even less and ones that have not kissed the pavement but the thing is it an R6 ( my favorite model) and its Yamaha Blue :drool: . Its exactly what I would and do want.

Dude, that is extremely overpriced. How much is a brand new R6? Like 7-8k? I wouldn't give more than $3,500 for it, even if it has been fixed. Here's a pic of my bike :D

http://photobucket.com/albums/b148/PLAYRR2000/?action=view&current=bike.jpg

It's an 86 LT250R with a Rotax 521cc 2-stroke snow mobile drivetrain :nice: .
Brandon

ROLLIN5.0 said:
Dude, that is extremely overpriced. How much is a brand new R6? Like 7-8k? I wouldn't give more than $3,500 for it, even if it has been fixed. Here's a pic of my bike :D

Yeah it is over priced since it has been down and its a 2000 model ( carb not fuel injected). At dealers they have 04 R6's w/ 7,200 miles on them for $7,500