spring install/isolators?

the98stang

Aug 12, 2005
Clovis, CA
Hey all I just got some Eibach Pro Kit springs and Tokcio Illumina's. I was wondering, should I keep the stock isolators with the new springs? If I keep them out, how much lower will the car be? Can you leave only 1 isolator in per spring?

Also, is there anything else I will need for the install? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

If you can mind the harshness and sound, you can leave them out. When I had pro-kit springs I took both fronts out, and the uppers in the rear. The only problem is what Randy mentioned, suspension NVH increases ALOT... So what I did was get some rubber and cut out rubber gasket type dealies to replace the isolators, and used some vinyl tubing on the lower part of the front coils. This way you still get a drop, but reduce some noise, but you'll still get the harshness.

:Word: :Word:
put 'em all back on, it wont lower the car that much and by not having them on, you'll feel and hear every bump, divot and crack in the road

:stupid:
I agree. I would rather cut the springs and use polyurethane isolaters than run without any isolators. You are a glutton for punishment if you don't use isolators. I use polyurethane isolators and they work better than OEM rubber ones.